Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 01:05 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,690,565 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if you had that sealer painted on your teeth before you left. I've had that done and it does leave a bad taste in your mouth for a few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2024, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWarden View Post
So I went to the dentist yesterday for a routine cleaning and was told I have a cavity. They didn't actually fill the cavity at the appointment. Even so, since the appointment, I have had a yucky taste in my mouth that is actually kind of making me feel sick. I didn't have the taste prior to the appointment. My appointment is more than a week away. Not sure if I can wait that long given the taste. What would you recommend doing in such a situation?
Don't let everyone laugh at you (seems they are). I developed the same problem- right after a cleaning (the hygienist was quit zealous, that's all I could say) I got a terrible taste in my mouth and it never went away. It happened over a year ago I haven't gone to a cleaning since . And I didn;t even have any cavities . Clean bill of health. I spoke to the dentist but he says it's impossible, just a coincidence.

Did you find a solution?

Old 02-25-2024, 01:30 PM

2 posts, read 440 times
Would there be pain associated with that? And could such a thing be be identified through an x-ray or otherwise ?I have the same problem as the OP but the dentist checked and he claims everything seems fine.

Old 02-25-2024, 02:34 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordomo View Post
Don't let everyone laugh at you (seems they are). I developed the same problem- right after a cleaning (the hygienist was quit zealous, that's all I could say) I got a terrible taste in my mouth and it never went away. It happened over a year ago I haven't gone to a cleaning since . And I didn;t even have any cavities . Clean bill of health. I spoke to the dentist but he says it's impossible, just a coincidence.

Did you find a solution?
Most of the replies weren't laughing. Actually, they provided several possible explanations for why someone might end up with an odd taste in their mouth after a dental procedure. I know that's happened to me, but it didn't last more than a day or two.

A permanent taste in your mouth could well be a coincidence. Can you say absolutely nothing in your life/health situation changed at around the time you went to the dentist? Did you change anything about your oral hygiene routine after that visit such as changing your toothpaste? Get more zealous about brushing or flossing every day? That could alter the taste of your saliva. What about starting to use a new rinse or mouthwash? Different floss? Something in their chemical ingredients might be reacting with your saliva or altering its pH in an unexpected way. Did you happen to change any prescriptions or OTC meds? Diet (substituting some new sugar-free foods)?

Old 02-25-2024, 02:36 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordomo View Post
Would there be pain associated with that? And could such a thing be be identified through an x-ray or otherwise ?I have the same problem as the OP but the dentist checked and he claims everything seems fine.
Pain associated with what? Some causes for pain won't show up on x-rays...an inflamed nerve, minor infection, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health