Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 11,538 times

Advertisements

Glad I found this site. I go on Wednesday to have all of remaining uppers extracted and 2 lowers. I'm getting a full top denture and 2 lower partials. WOW...I can't imagine that there isn't a lot of pain after having 20+ teeth pulled! Thanks for letting me know that they will feel large in my mouth...at least I'll know that is normal. Well, here's to pretty smiles ahead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 10:26 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,922,650 times
Why would anyone get all of their teeth pulled? I can't believe that every tooth in a person's mouth is so rotten that they all have to go> That is insanity!

Old 11-09-2010, 01:00 PM

4 posts, read 16,690 times
There are lots of different reasons people get their teeth pulled, not just bad hygiene but may be due to environmental causes or genetics. Sometimes dentures are just the best option.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:13 AM

2 posts, read 21,442 times
Exclamation i agree with marsha

i am only 25 and i am having emergancy sergery to extract ALL of my remaining teeth due to massive infection and its NOT due to bad hygene but its genetic my teeth as well as my mothers and even six year old daughters disinigrate from the inside out so there is no prevention or stopping it...my mother was only 21 when she got her full set of dentures i wont lie i am scaired i go in wed. for the sergery as long as the infection is gone enough for them to opperate. another thing to consider when looking at tooth decay as well is heart problems the amount of plaq build up a day on your teeth can also indicate the plaq build up on your heart or so i have been told. what i am most nervous about is having to be awake through the procidure also trying to wear a bottom dentures as i have been told they are verry hard to wear. and i wouldnt go to affordable dentures!!! i have talked to many people who have and they have a bad habbit of leaving bone fragments in peoples gums and there denture quality is not the greatest i would highly recomend aspin dental they are a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for and they take cair credit and cair credit is anoter wounderfull thing my sergery is costing me just under 7,000 including top and bottom dentures and extractions as well as aftercair and i wouldt be able to afford it without cair credit they have a flexible spending plan and no interest for the first so many months my monthly payment will only be about 85dollars where else can you get a 7000dollar loan for only $85 a month alos cair credit can be used for doctors and even to take your pet to the vet as i just took my egyptian pharao hound gracie and was able to put her 400dollar vet bill as well as her medication on my cair credit card

Old 04-15-2012, 04:15 AM

2 posts, read 21,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Why would anyone get all of their teeth pulled? I can't believe that every tooth in a person's mouth is so rotten that they all have to go> That is insanity!
no you have no sense of what it is like to go through such pain and know that there is nothing you could have done to prevent it. people who automatically think that people like me have bad oral hygene or even some think drugs are just "ignorant" notice i didnt say stupid because ignorance is a lack of knowlage

Old 06-27-2012, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 20,866 times
I don't know who told you there wouldn't be much pain with extraction. I had 9 uppers and 3 lowers pulled and was in incredible pain for 3 weeks. I went 10 weeks without all but my 6 middle lower teeth . I have had my dentures for almost two weeks. I talk fine with them and the pain is minimal until I eat . Anything other than soft foods are very herd to eat. I am hoping that this will get better as my gums adjust to dentures. But as far as the extractions, they were very painful!

Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 20,866 times
I don't know who told you the extractions wouldn't be painful, because for me they were painful for at least 3 weeks. I went 10 weeks while my gum healed and that is what I would recommend because when I got my total upper dentures and my partial bottoms I could talk just fine. I am still a little sore but no real pain except when eating tough meat, and I'm hoping that that will get better as my gums adjust to my dentures.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 10,087 times
Question Having all teeth pulled and immediate denture question

I have had the wax impressions done and go in next week for a fitting. Then the dentist is going to pull whats left of my teeth and immediately put in the dentures. My question is how long is healing process experienced and how bad is the pain?? I had to have 1 tooth surgically removed 2 days ago and it is uncomfortable. They plan on finishing before the 15th of December and wondering if I get the good fit I expect how long on average is recovery/pain. I am planning a trip to visit the parents who live 4 hours away. This trip is on 12/26 and I'm afraid I won't be able to travel and eat.
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:16 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefloyds2006 View Post
I have had the wax impressions done and go in next week for a fitting. Then the dentist is going to pull whats left of my teeth and immediately put in the dentures. My question is how long is healing process experienced and how bad is the pain?? I had to have 1 tooth surgically removed 2 days ago and it is uncomfortable. They plan on finishing before the 15th of December and wondering if I get the good fit I expect how long on average is recovery/pain. I am planning a trip to visit the parents who live 4 hours away. This trip is on 12/26 and I'm afraid I won't be able to travel and eat.
Thanks in advance for any answers.
Wow. These are things you should have asked about with your dentist, before you started on the journey to get dentures. No one here can tell you how long it will take, because no one here knows what the situation is with your mouth, or who your dentist is, or who is making the dentures...

No one here can possibly know whether or not you'll get a good fit. You *should* get a good fit. It *might* need to be adjusted a couple of times.

You really *really* need to consult with your dentist with all your questions. You need to do this *before* he pulls the rest of your teeth, so you know what to expect. It's a little too late now to be worrying about a trip that's less than a month away.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 9,497 times
Talking Someone in the same position you are in;

Quote:
Originally Posted by The716 View Post
Dentist/Periodontist is recommending me to get dentures... I've always had nice teeth and people used to compliment me occasionally. No matter how hard I've tried to take care of them they have been going downhill. Now, they have declined... he said its genes, lack of flouride (well water), and possibly not enough vitamin B. I take vitamins every day.

Anyways, has anybody here been through getting their teeth pulled and dentures inserted? I don't know what to expect...

It is ironic that I came across this today. I went through exactly what you are going through about 23 yrs ago. My teeth just went bad for "no reason at all". I had a dentist tell me what your dentist told you. I went 23 yrs with bad teeth because I couldn't afford to get them pulled and get good teeth of any kind. That is until March of this year. I traded a Dodge 4x4 for the services. The dentist pulled all my teeth at one time. He was very good at it, I didn't feel any kind of pain. He even had to cut some out from the top and the bottom, stitch it up, and I didn't know until 2 days later when I got the nerve to look in the mirror. Anyways, he took his time getting me teeth, and I had to go 3 months without teeth at all. During the time, my tongue had gotten bigger. He told me that that happens when the mouth doesn't have teeth in it. And it will take 2 to 3 months for the tongue to get back to normal after getting teeth. Last Tuesday, June 11, I finally got my teeth. I can wear the top with no problem, but with the bottom ones in, my tongue is so big now that it takes up all the space in my mouth. I am afraid that if I try to eat that way, all the food will fall out of my mouth because it is so full already with tongue. So, I'm not eating with them yet. I was trying to verify what he told me about the tongue getting bigger, and this is how I came across your post. So I figured I'd let you know my experience. Oh, BTW, despite the problem with my fat tongue, I love finally having teeth. I can finally smile for real for the first time in 23 yrs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health