Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 02:20 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,371,571 times

Advertisements

Yeah, that's nuts. I know car chases aren't that unusual anymore (I ended up right in the middle of one coming home from Winter Park a couple years ago) but you usually don't see the driver hop from car to car like that. Enforcement airs them (in LA and TX too) because it helps keep people safer and can lead to apprehension if the whole area can see it happening live. Also they're good PR when they go well and of course the broadcasters air them because they make dang exciting TV, commonplace or not.

Did anyone try to keep count of the infractions?
I counted (at least) 2 forceful entry, 1 aggravated assault, 2 grand theft, 3 hit and run, repeated gross speeding and recklessness, evading arrest, not to mention wanton public endangerment and attempted manslaughter (if there are such things)… but I'm hardly an enforcement expert.. anyone else have a more accurate telly?

Old 03-12-2014, 02:24 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
He carjacked that last car right in front of my work. The E470 entrance from Peoria was a mess for hours afterwards. I am surprised the cops didn't shoot him.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:24 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,885,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Yeah, that's nuts. I know car chases aren't that unusual anymore (I ended up right in the middle of one coming home from Winter Park a couple years ago) but you usually don't see the driver hop from car to car like that. Enforcement airs them (in LA and TX too) because it helps keep people safer and can lead to apprehension if the whole area can see it happening live. Also they're good PR when they go well and of course the broadcasters air them because they make dang exciting TV, commonplace or not.

I counted (at least) 2 forceful entry, 1 aggravated assault, 2 grand theft, 3 hit and run, repeated gross speeding and recklessness, evading arrest, not to mention wanton public endangerment and attempted manslaughter (if there are such things)… but I'm hardly an enforcement expert.. anyone else have a more accurate telly?
Hitting the trooper alone is enough to put him away for the rest of his life. He's apparently got 5 felony priors on his record which is enough for him to be tried as a habitual offender. If charged with and convicted of "Attempted Murder of a Peace Officer" w/ habitual offender status he's looking at 192 years behind bars. Even if he's convicted of the lesser charge of 2nd Degree Assault of a Peace Officer he's looking at 64 years minimum.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:39 PM

356 posts, read 624,098 times
Quote:

Don't forget the first car he stole had a 4 yo so he's probably looking at kidnapping or at least endangering a child/child abuse.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:45 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
I also read he had stolen a truck last night. We will never see this guy again.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:06 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Condolences to the four year old and his folks, to the trooper a speedy recovery, to the helicopter pilot a medal of honor and a free tank of fuel, to the car victims, a new ride, and to him, a lengthy sentence plus life.

Sad to say, but dude drives better than half the folks in Pueblo. Also, he must have racked up one heck of a toll bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
Knowing E-470 billing I'm sure the owners of the cars will still get a bill in the mail. Those sorry SOBs don't let anything go free.
I would chip in for like an entertainment fee, srsly.

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-12-2014 at 03:28 PM..

Old 03-12-2014, 03:16 PM

356 posts, read 624,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Also, he must have racked up one heck of a toll bill.
Knowing E-470 billing I'm sure the owners of the cars will still get a bill in the mail. Those sorry SOBs don't let anything go free.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:40 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,371,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Hitting the trooper alone is enough to put him away for the rest of his life. He's apparently got 5 felony priors on his record which is enough for him to be tried as a habitual offender. If charged with and convicted of "Attempted Murder of a Peace Officer" w/ habitual offender status he's looking at 192 years behind bars. Even if he's convicted of the lesser charge of 2nd Degree Assault of a Peace Officer he's looking at 64 years minimum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCO5280 View Post
Don't forget the first car he stole had a 4 yo so he's probably looking at kidnapping or at least endangering a child/child abuse.
Thanks. I missed both of those things because all I had to go by was the silent video posted in this thread.
I forgot about him hitting the officer, but he hit the car, not the officer himself, so that would be different right? (not saying it's not serious of course, but not AS serious as hitting an officer on foot... or is it? (I don't know))

I had no idea there was a young child in one of the cars. How horrible. Yeah that is definitely a kidnapping AND some serious endangerment/abuse of course. From what I know of kidnapping is it doesn't matter how long you had the chid or what your intent was, it's that you forcibly and/or craftily took the child away someplace without any sort of parental consent.

I was mostly just curious about the legal aspects of it. In any case, it should and most likely be some very ever punishment.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:44 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,885,270 times
Quote:
Thanks. I missed both of those things because all I had to go by was the silent video posted in this thread.
I forgot about him hitting the officer, but he hit the car, not the officer himself, so that would be different right? (not saying it's not serious of course, but not AS serious as hitting an officer on foot... or is it? (I don't know))

I had no idea there was a young child in one of the cars. How horrible. Yeah that is definitely a kidnapping AND some serious endangerment/abuse of course. From what I know of kidnapping is it doesn't matter how long you had the chid or what your intent was, it's that you forcibly and/or craftily took the child away someplace without any sort of parental consent.

I was mostly just curious about the legal aspects of it. In any case, it should and most likely be some very ever punishment.
The officer he hit wasn't in his car. He was standing on the highway attempting to deploy a stop stick.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:53 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
The officer he hit wasn't in his car. He was standing on the highway attempting to deploy a stop stick.
The perp is going to go away for a very long time. I know it's wrong, but this is one of those times when I just want to shoot these creeps.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver