Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 10:20 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,080,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Ok yeah thanks. Apparently just some distorted optics with their ultra-high zoom super stabilized camera equipment. …and of course the very unique perspective they'd get from where they're at. As a digital video & imaging pro, I would like to know more about what they're using and how they're processing it, and why it would come out like that, but that's a subject for a different forum.

Sorry kaBoom, no aspersions intended, I just wanted to be sure of what I was seeing.
No problem. It does look kind of fake. From the angle I'd guess that the helicopter was flying low, and about a mile back. I only screen capped it, because I thought it was an interesting sign. I've never seen them use that message on the freeways signs here in California. Here all they generally use them for is stupid "Amber Alert" crap or "Click It or Ticket" and other useless garbage like that.

Here is a better shot. The suspect is just coming from the shoulder after having passed several cars, right in front of the sign. How drivers can be that oblivious to what's going on around them, I have no idea.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:15 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,389,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
No interest as I knew you were mistaken.
Aren't you the smart one… I guess I have a bad habit of double-checking on the source for images and news stories I see posted by people I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
No problem. It does look kind of fake. From the angle I'd guess that the helicopter was flying low, and about a mile back.
Yeah, some extreme optics going on with their equipment. I once got to sit in the cockpit of one of those surveillance helicopters at NAB. The hardware they had installed was incredible, and that was most of 10 years ago so I can only imagine the improvements now. It's a good thing, because in this case it made all the difference in capturing the suspect and keeping people safe. This is when technology is at its best and the only real breakdown remaining is peoples' ignorance, like you said.

Last edited by otterprods; 03-20-2014 at 09:23 AM..

Old 03-20-2014, 09:55 AM

521 posts, read 862,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Here all they generally use them for is stupid "Amber Alert" crap or "Click It or Ticket" and other useless garbage like that.

I totally agree with you on the obliviousness of drivers but you lost me at "stupid 'Amber Alert' crap." Are you seriously inferring that broadcasting the info to help find a potentially endangered child is "stupid crap?"

Anyways, has anyone seen this guy's friends who show up at his court appearances to support him? Complete meth heads who are desperately trying to speak like normal human beings and are only making themselves look completely ridiculous. The creepy part is this guy is what, 27 or 28, and one of his "lifelong friends" said she changed his diapers and was was his caregiver when he was three. Um, who is good friends with anyone who changed their diapers. Can you say drug addict weirdness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Aren't you the smart one… I guess I have a bad habit of double-checking on the source for images and news stories I see posted by people I don't know.
See, what's ironic about this statement is that if you had watched the video or actually did any fact or double checking, you would have seen it was a legit screenshot.

The smugness on this board is hitting all time highs.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:16 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,389,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
See, what's ironic about this statement is that if you had watched the video or actually did any fact or double checking, you would have seen it was a legit screenshot.

The smugness on this board is hitting all time highs.
I did watch the video, asked KaBoom about its authenticity and then corrected my original statements as far as the forum's editing window would allow. Was that smug? ...Or ironic?

Old 03-20-2014, 10:38 AM

26,332 posts, read 49,324,574 times
Smugness or whatever, this thread has exhibited the all too frequent tendency to get so far down in the weeds that we get lost like a scuba diver tangled up in a massive and wavy bed of kelp plants. Next thing we know people will be talking about the grassy knoll, the second shooter, and the government's secret plot to hijack cars so we can turn Amerika into a police state and spy on each other.

A creep stole some cars and made a mess of things, the cops did their best to stop and apprehend him, the video shows it all. Not much more to it.

Thread closed.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver