Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 02:41 PM

9,057 posts, read 20,476,895 times

Advertisements

May be rude, but very true. Heck, I've already got a Rep Point for what I said about skyscrapers in Denver. Take a look at my reply under Loveboating on page 1.

Not all of the people who live in Denver are people from "big cities" that have those skyscraper buildings. There are those that don't want Denver to look completely like New York City. I, for one, don't blame them. Yes, Denver is growing, but there are things that Denver doesn't need that much of, if any........tall/skyscraper buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
How rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 03:03 PM

4,939 posts, read 2,958,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
May be rude, but very true. Heck, I've already got a Rep Point for what I said about skyscrapers in Denver. Take a look at my reply under Loveboating on page 1.

Not all of the people who live in Denver are people from "big cities" that have those skyscraper buildings. There are those that don't want Denver to look completely like New York City. I, for one, don't blame them. Yes, Denver is growing, but there are things that Denver doesn't need that much of, if any........tall/skyscraper buildings.
Well I will lobby for more skyscrapers

Old 02-18-2016, 03:23 PM

Well, when wife and I return to the area to live again, it wouldn't be downtown Denver anyway, so I really don't much care. But, as long as they continue to have the Stock Show and Rodeo there, Denver will always be somewhat of a "cowtown" to us.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:19 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,322,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post

Well, if you hate skyscrapers and prefer to live in "rodeo country", Denver isn't the place for you. Denver is getting denser by the day. It won't be a NYC in my lifetime, but downtown is seeming very lively and urban these days

Old 02-18-2016, 04:20 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,322,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Well I will lobby for more skyscrapers
I'm with you! I like seeing cranes all over the city. And if they moved the stock show to Limon, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:14 PM

4,939 posts, read 2,958,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm with you! I like seeing cranes all over the city. And if they moved the stock show to Limon, I wouldn't shed a tear.
Well said the cranes are progress. Plus as Denver gets more dense my real estate holdings continue to appreciate.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:39 PM

346 posts, read 484,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oclarki View Post
Despite the increase in population and the economic growth, why isn't Denver building more high rises? Every time I come back from Chicago, I'm struck by how much less impressive our skyline is. Rather than sprawling out why aren't more tall buildings and density being planned for? A lot of the infill around union station and other areas is less than 10 stories. Why not take advantage of the space and build taller buildings?

Denver is a fraction of the size of Chicagoland, that's why.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:41 PM

346 posts, read 484,209 times
Quote:

Keep dreaming. Stock Show attendance only keeps increasing, and the grounds there are slated to be improved and expanded. Ag contributes more to CO's economy than you realize, and always will.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:52 PM

I think I already stated that we wouldn't live "in" Denver. For the 5 1/2 years we lived there, we started out in an Englewood apartment and then bought a house in Parker. We went to different pro (PRCA) rodeo's along the Front Range and were members of the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame in the Springs. Denver will always have a rodeo....there is way to much a call for it there. And, wife and I LOVE that.

Skyscrapers don't really bother me, but I'll bet there are numerous Denver people that wouldn't want them. Believe me, the younger generation isn't going to push all of the older Denver natives out of Denver!

Quote:
Well, if you hate skyscrapers and prefer to live in "rodeo country", Denver isn't the place for you. Denver is getting denser by the day. It won't be a NYC in my lifetime, but downtown is seeming very lively and urban these days

Old 02-18-2016, 06:58 PM

All I can say to this is.......YES!!!!👍👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJam View Post
Keep dreaming. Stock Show attendance only keeps increasing, and the grounds there are slated to be improved and expanded. Ag contributes more to CO's economy than you realize, and always will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver