Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 12:58 PM

2,471 posts, read 2,692,112 times

Advertisements

Not a big market for homes with a zero car garage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 01:01 PM

1,499 posts, read 884,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallish View Post
Just moved here from Dallas where I had a two-car garage. I'm house shopping right now and seeing a lot of houses with a one-car garage. I keep thinking that I want a two-car garage for me and my future girlfriend/wife. I don't want to park my Tahoe outside and I don't want to argue with my spouse about who gets to park in the garage. That said, would I regret having a one-car garage here in the Denver area due to the weather, for example?
Three car is better……..unless you have a fell size truck, then two car

Never one car…..esp in snow country

Old 11-19-2021, 08:50 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprara View Post
fuel energy costs are inflating 2-3X and likely not going back down.
this time next year everyone will have an EV
False
and
False

Our VW ID.4 Pro S AWD is on order. Delivery forecast is June 2022.

Old 11-24-2021, 09:18 PM

31 posts, read 45,122 times
My first house (in University Hills) had a small one car garage. It was nearly impossible to fit our car in it, our truck wouldn't fit. We just used the garage for storage. I noticed alot of the older homes converted their garages into living space, or did what we did...as storage. We bought a way bigger house that checked every box in Expo Park (Aurora) earlier this year.. Only downfall was another one car garage, BUT it was way bigger. Initially, we figured we could fit the car and have storage, park the truck outside. Of course, turns out we have way more stuff then we thought, and to this day we are still using the garage as storage (though if we were to part with stuff, or build more shelves, it would be fine. I notice most people over here, even with bigger 2 car garages, still park outside. The only time we are to rearrange stuff is if there's a chance of hail, or a BIG snow. Though we manage, I would always recommend a bigger garage if it fits your budget, it's all personal preference but as far as weather goes, you'll be fine with a one car garage imo....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver