Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2022, 10:53 AM

6,360 posts, read 4,184,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely40 View Post
I used PODs for the first time last summer. I moved a small one-bedroom from Colorado to DC metro. It was money well spent and I would def use them again. One suggestion is to hire professional movers to load it. Because, if not packed correctly your furniture will shift around inside the pod and become damaged during transport. My movers packed mines perfectly. Everything remained intact and nothing was damaged when it was delivered to me. The service was quick and hassle-free
/\ /\ /\ We had the same good experience and the cost was very reasonable❗️
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2022, 08:10 PM

47 posts, read 38,732 times
Thanks all

Old 05-10-2022, 12:01 PM

12,837 posts, read 9,562,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
If your belongings are moved by truck you're going to be affected by the high price of gas/diesel in one way or another...regardless who drives it!
Meaning are PODs a better option given the increase in gas prices. The cheapest way used to be renting a Uhaul and doing it yourself.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:15 PM

7,515 posts, read 13,621,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Meaning are PODs a better option given the increase in gas prices. The cheapest way used to be renting a Uhaul and doing it yourself.
IMHO, the decision to use a container service is made because you don't want to drive a U-Haul any distance for any price. Or pay the cost of a "full-service" mover.

My own case was as a retired widower, there wasn't any way I was driving anything 2000 miles for 4-5 days from CO to CT. Especially not a U-Haul, and not even my own car.

So I sold my 17 y/o car, loaded an ABF U-Pack, got it picked up, my uncle drove me to the airport. Flew Denver to Hartford. Bought a 3 y/o car after arrival.

All went perfect.

Old 05-15-2022, 11:52 PM

47 posts, read 38,732 times
Thanks all! I did end up booking a POD. 17 footer.

Old 05-21-2022, 10:05 AM

16 posts, read 12,638 times
Hi there! Do you know where they do the POD container to fill up? I live in an apartment and I don't know if there is enough space around the building to put the container. Another question, how long do they put the container for you to fill up?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyM2381 View Post
Thanks all! I did end up booking a POD. 17 footer.

Old 05-21-2022, 02:23 PM

7,515 posts, read 13,621,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSm View Post
Hi there! Do you know where they do the POD container to fill up? I live in an apartment and I don't know if there is enough space around the building to put the container. Another question, how long do they put the container for you to fill up?
Thanks
PODS info on space requirements can be found at https://www.pods.com/resource-center...y-requirements

They don't seem to offer an option that U-Pack does for their ReloCubes or trailers. With them you could load a Cube or trailer at their local terminal. Getting your stuff to the terminal is usually done with a local U-haul, or a local packing & loading outfit.

Good Luck...

Old 05-22-2022, 09:14 PM

156 posts, read 325,820 times
One of my friends just used PODS to move from Denver to Charleston SC. He had to use 2 pods and he also purchased 1 month of storage. He said they did an amazing job and it was super convenient.

Thanks for creating this thread, im considering going from CO to NC and have a similar size house so now I have a guesstimate on the quote and what size pod I need haha

Old 06-18-2022, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyM2381 View Post
I was quoted $3,000 for moving from a 950 square foot house in NC to Denver with PODS. Anybody have a better, cheaper option? Thanks
Ashley. My name is Nina. I got a quote of 1,900 for movers to load and drive my furniture to IL. from OK. I can give you the man's name and number. This is odd since I want to move to NC. Why are you leaving if I may ask? I'm originally from IL. I heard the weather was 78 degrees high in summer and 46 lowest in winter. Are you by the ocean? I cannot tell when you wrote this. I hope you're out there. My 2 sons said they want to move to CO too. Too much snow, no?

Old 06-18-2022, 06:06 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,668,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaMuzeka View Post
Ashley. My name is Nina. I cannot tell when you wrote this. I hope you're out there. My 2 sons said they want to move to CO too. Too much snow, no?
The date of any post is shown in the dark blue strip at the top of their post. Ashely’s last post was May 6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver