Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines
 [Register]
Des Moines Dallas, Guthrie, Madison, Polk, and Warren Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:46 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artangel View Post
Elle, come to Az and you'll have all the warm weather you desire from mid April to late sept! I was bummed by the 100 degree temps in April already......constant heat gets to me. But I'll agree that hot is better than cold anytime. I don't miss the Midwest gloom, rain, snow and slush, that's for sure!
Not a chance. Mrs. Tek gets sick every time she goes there. It's some kind of allergy that ends up settling in her lungs and it takes months of prednisone and allergy medicines to get rid of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 07:41 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,695,049 times
Now that there is a new & threatening dimension to the weather, is anyone sick of the current weather?

Old 05-31-2013, 07:50 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,695,049 times
Tek
I just saw your post about the Mrs. gting sick very tieme she goes to Phoenix. I'm sorry to learn of that.
When I visited Phoenix for the first time in late August of 1986, I got sick & developed the worst sinus infection I had had in years.
I determined that it was because I was not accustomed to the type of intense heat there even though I lived in Georgia already. I constantly sat in sweat & slept in sweast & the fan blowing on me activated my sinuses. It just about ruined my later visit to the Grand Canyon as our route north out of Phoenix led us into several major elevation changes that wreaked havoc on my sinuses. I thought that my head was going to explode!
I wonder if you & the Mrs. are acquainted with Valley Fever? It is an ungoing problem for some people who visit there for extended periods as well as for many local residents. For more info, google it & read about it.
Anyone with allergy issues or a weakened immuine system might take note of the Valley Fever threat & talk to their doctor. Hopefully they would be knowledgeable about the fever.
It occurred to me that there may be a Valley Fever thread buried in the archives at the Phoenix pages here.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:57 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times
We spent three weeks in Las Vegas last year with no ill effects. It's something about Phoenix for sure. I lived there for a year many years ago and would never go again without a very good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Des Moines