Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 10:59 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchOfWhimsy View Post
So all of the people who treated their yeast overgrowth symptoms and got better are.... what? Lying? Confused?

If someone fell off the edge of the earth, then that would be anecdotal evidence that the world was flat. No one has ever fallen off the edge of the earth. We have actual proof that the earth is round (satellite pictures and such).

People have had symptoms relieved and cured by treating for yeast overgrowth. How is that NOT anecdotal evidence?

Most doctors insist that ADD exists. I think it's a great example. The people who think it doesn't exist are typically the ones who are wary of big pharma. I think it's the same thing. Some doctors insist that yeast overgrowth does not exist because people have found a way to treat it on their own, without a prescription or medical visits. Other doctors (mainly naturopathic doctors who treat the CAUSE of illness and not just cover up the symptoms) realize that it does exist, and treat accordingly. I can see how that would be threatening to mainstream doctors... but that does not make it false or wrong information.
That is why mainstream gynecologists have such a hard time treating yeast infections, because in their eyes candiasis and yeast overgrowth "doesn't exist". They don't start with looking at person's diet, they just prescribe dyflican and monistat and call it a day, because there is nothing else that they know.

It's so pathetic, I have to laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 02:56 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
Jimrob

If your willing to eat some low carb foods to help counter act your cravings for sweets as seeds and nuts especially walnuts can help as well as beef jerky as i myself have always had a sweet tooth and eating beef jerkey as a snack where i was last employed really helped as my co workers were eating Dairy Queen Blizzards almost on a daily basis as it was just down the street as it was sad to see them eat like that .

Old 12-17-2009, 05:52 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Jimrob

If your willing to eat some low carb foods to help counter act your cravings for sweets as seeds and nuts especially walnuts can help as well as beef jerky as i myself have always had a sweet tooth and eating beef jerkey as a snack where i was last employed really helped as my co workers were eating Dairy Queen Blizzards almost on a daily basis as it was just down the street as it was sad to see them eat like that .

I am going out to the grocery store tonight. I am going to buy some nuts an or walnuts. Im not sure if I would like Beef Jerky but the nuts are a good suggestion. I work tomorrow so I will see if this helps with the cravings. Thanks.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:52 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I am going out to the grocery store tonight. I am going to buy some nuts an or walnuts. Im not sure if I would like Beef Jerky but the nuts are a good suggestion. I work tomorrow so I will see if this helps with the cravings. Thanks.
Well i hope it works out for you ok Jimrob .

Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,830,289 times
Interesting about the yeast overgrowth. I have to check that out more. I have craved sugar like a junkie since I was a kid. Now at 52 I still get cravings but controll them better.
I quit smokeing,drinking,drugs over 25 years ago. I put them down and just never took it up again, but losing weight has been the hardest/longest fight of my life. You have to have food to live the other things you don't.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:40 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,679,941 times
Default I have

spoken to the son of an old man in my building who was diagnosed with diabetes. the son said just prior to diagnosis the old man craved chocolate like a fiend and could not stop eating it

i also spoke to a guy who said he would drink like 10 sodas per day just prior to diagnosis. i think in some cases it can be a sign of diabetes

Old 12-20-2010, 02:20 AM

462 posts, read 1,009,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Interesting about the yeast overgrowth. I have to check that out more. I have craved sugar like a junkie since I was a kid. Now at 52 I still get cravings but controll them better.
I quit smokeing,drinking,drugs over 25 years ago. I put them down and just never took it up again, but losing weight has been the hardest/longest fight of my life. You have to have food to live the other things you don't.
I also crave sugar. Someone somewhere told me that there must have been an alcoholic in my genetic background(?). Anyway, I tend to eat things like Jordan almonds or chocolate Twizzlers at bedtime. I won't eat it at any other time. I don't keep cookies or cake in my house as I'd definitely overeat on those. It can't be doing my body any favors and I tend to always be about 15 pounds or more overweight and at 5'1 1/2" I don't have alot of room to have extra pounds.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:39 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
A sign of Diabetes is thirst and the need to pass water frequently.
Add blurry vision and obesity to those symptoms.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:38 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
The only way for me to control my sugar cravings is to treat it like alcoholism and abstain completely. When people bring treats in at work I just say no. When the Christmas goodies are being passed around, I just say no. When it's getting close to my b-day, I let everyone know that a cake won't be required or desired. And so on--it sounds depressing, but it only is for a few days. This is the only way I can control my weight. No I'm not diabetic but I don't want to be, and if I had continued to eat sweets as much as I wanted, I'm quite sure I would be by now (at 51). Eating a lot of sweets causes a person to put on too much weight on their belly and there is some evidence that too much belly fat can lead to health problems like heart disease and diabetes.

Jimrob, you may want to look up some sugar free recipes in a diabetic publ or Atkins or similar low carb dieting site and take those in to work--or make a cheese ball and take that in with high fiber crackers--or a veggie tray with dip. You can't change your co-workers--you can only control your own behavior. In the old days if someone said they were diabetic, everyone would make sure that they didn't tempt them with sugary goodies but nowadays you're expected to partake anyway. Weird attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes