Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 04:53 PM

324 posts, read 877,735 times

Advertisements

I personally have never seen anyone get fat from eating large amounts of healthy food. Theoretically it can probably happen, I just haven't witnessed it.

When people come to me for nutritional help, I tell them to eat specific healthy foods. They don't have to worry about how much, they only need to focus on what type.

Years later not one person has gotten unhealthier or fatter. Not one person has had any physical consequences for eating as much healthy food as they would like.

but...if it makes you 3 feel happy.

Quantity and Quality is important. However, people are going to want to know what the right quantities are. so again what is the answer to such a question ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 04:54 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
Well, since both of you are so determined to convince everyone that quantity is important.

Tell us, what is the right quantity of food we should all be eating on a regular basis ?
Depends on the person and their goals. Someone wanting to lose weight should calculate their maintenance requirements and eat below that with a macronutrient ratio favoring protein over carbs and fat. Someone looking to gain weight should obviously eat above their maintenance requirement and focus more on carbs and protein.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I personally have never seen anyone get fat from eating large amounts of healthy food. Theoretically it can probably happen, I just haven't witnessed it.
That's probably because it would be tough to do so. This is why low carb diets work. Limiting your food choices to things like meat and eggs will keep calorie intake lower because many high calorie sources cannot be consumed. You can still get fat on meat, eggs and cheese, it would just be tough to do because of the sheer amounts you'd need to eat.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Depends on the person and their goals. Someone looking to gain weight should obviously eat above their maintenance requirement and focus more on carbs and protein.
  • For my clients looking to gain weight, I tell them to eat as much food as they can.
  • For my clients who want to lose weight, I tell them to eat as much food as they want.

I make things simple for people. both scenarios work and have never failed.

Quote:
This is why low carb diets work.
I don't advocate low carb diets
Quote:
You can still get fat on meat, eggs and cheese, it would just be tough to do because of the sheer amounts you'd need to eat.
Thats my point. It's very difficult to get fat eating healthy (understatement of the century).

I don't want to explain physiological effects of nutrients and hormonal feedback. Just eat some damn healthy food, exercise, get good sleep and enjoy the results.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
  • For my clients looking to gain weight, I tell them to eat as much food as they can.
  • For my clients who want to lose weight, I tell them to eat as much food as they want.

I make things simple for people. both scenarios work and have never failed.
I'd just LOVE to know how you successfully advise clients to lose weight (which requires a calorie deficit) by eating as much food as they want.

Quote:
I don't advocate low carb diets
That's fine. You are certainly not alone in that regard and it wasn't really my point. I just used it as an example of how you can force a calorie deficit.

Quote:
Thats my point. It's very difficult to get fat eating healthy (understatement of the century).
Actually, you pretty much implied that it was impossible to do so. That, of course, is wrong. It is somewhat difficult though, so I'll give you that.

Quote:
I don't want to explain physiological effects of nutrients and hormonal feedback. Just eat some damn healthy food, exercise, get good sleep and enjoy the results.
I don't want to be a dick about it, but I think you got a ways to go before you start talking physiology, especially after reading these quotes.

Quote:
Obesity is a symptom of poison in the body. A high kcal intake is not bad or fattening until those calories become the wrong kind of calories.
Quote:
Most processed and NON organic foods contain poisons and pesticides that accumulate in your system and harm your health. Toxins may effect people earlier or later on in life depending on lifestyle.
Quote:
obesity is an accumulation of indigestible poisons that settle in the body.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I don't want to be a dick about it, but I think you got a ways to go before you start talking physiology, especially after reading these quotes.
I took A&P I and II
got A's in both classes, dick.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I took A&P I and II
got A's in both classes, dick.
Then I suggest you take a refresher course, or maybe find a better school, because those quotes show a complete lack of knowledge on that subject.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Wow. Food makes people seriously emotional. Just a note. Carry on.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Wow. Food makes people seriously emotional. Just a note. Carry on.
Not food, just B.S and quack science.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
those quotes show a complete lack of knowledge on that subject.
which quotes ? and what subject ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss