Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 11:22 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,553,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
You're right, people bring the stuff in and push it on you. They think they're being generous, even nice. I think it's kind of weird, makes me uncomfortable. I'm not three years old. I know if I want homemade cheesecake or not, you know what I mean? Do you think I'm going anywhere near that stuff now? I have invested in hiring a personal trainer for the past six months. I hit a weight plateau. He said if I was going to push through it, I would have to get super serious about my food choices. I did it. The workouts are brutal, P-90 or Jillian Michaels-like. My thighs and abs burn every day from the intense work. I look in the mirror and I am amazed at how my body is changing, and it gives me the strength to resist the pressure and pushy behavior from the people. Before all this and I was making attempts just on my own to lose weight, I once went off on a food pusher (an overweight one) and told her. "Im tired of being FAT, and I don't want to be anymore" I'm heavy, but she took offense. But she doesn't bother me any more about the treats that are around. JS.
If people haven't experienced it themselves (the pushing of food), I don't think they can quite understand. It can be relentless and sometimes you just have to snap at them to knock it off. If it hurts their feelings, oh well.

I still splurge sometimes, but nowhere near the amount I used to. I have worked too hard to sabotage myself for a pumpkin muffin or cinnamon roll or a donut. It gets easier to say no when you start to see the results. My pants are falling off of me now, and part of the reason is because I am eating smaller, healthier meals and not going out for pizza and subs every Friday and eating sugar all week long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 12:03 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,542 times
Yup, people totally push it on you, just the like my co-worker that I mentioned in my post. I had to firmly say NO more than once but he's finally backed off.

It's the wierdest thing dealing with a food pusher. He brings in baked goods about 3-4 days out of the weeks. Lots of times it sits there all day and ends up being thrown out by someone. I think other people in my office have had enough. I say he needs an intervention in jest but I'm telling ya...it's becoming a problem.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:40 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
Yup, people totally push it on you, just the like my co-worker that I mentioned in my post. I had to firmly say NO more than once but he's finally backed off.

It's the wierdest thing dealing with a food pusher. He brings in baked goods about 3-4 days out of the weeks. Lots of times it sits there all day and ends up being thrown out by someone. I think other people in my office have had enough. I say he needs an intervention in jest but I'm telling ya...it's becoming a problem.
You know generosity is a beautiful thing but more people who do that need to stop and consider:

How
When
Appropriateness

Just because they make certain choices about their health or the way their body looks, doesn't mean I have to fall in and copy them. I don't judge them; I just don't care for any judgment towards what I'm doing.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:41 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
If people haven't experienced it themselves (the pushing of food), I don't think they can quite understand. It can be relentless and sometimes you just have to snap at them to knock it off. If it hurts their feelings, oh well.

I still splurge sometimes, but nowhere near the amount I used to. I have worked too hard to sabotage myself for a pumpkin muffin or cinnamon roll or a donut. It gets easier to say no when you start to see the results. My pants are falling off of me now, and part of the reason is because I am eating smaller, healthier meals and not going out for pizza and subs every Friday and eating sugar all week long.
It's exciting to push past a plateau or start to see the results we work so long and hard for, isn't it? Good job, keep on keeping on.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:02 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,553,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
It's exciting to push past a plateau or start to see the results we work so long and hard for, isn't it? Good job, keep on keeping on.
You too!

I really haven't hit a plateau yet, but I'm sure it's coming one of these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss