Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 06:32 AM

525 posts, read 766,796 times

Advertisements

"Excess energy" CAN be pooped out. You poop out 7 % of your total ingested calories. GUT MICROBIOTA ALSO PLAYS A HUGE ROLE in regulating weight. Many obese poeple have UNFORTUNATE GUT FLORA.

There is huge variety in how people RESPOND to "excess energy." Some people gain almost no fat over 6 weeks, some gain mild, and some gain significant. NONE of this is EXPLAINED by the first law. It just states that IF you got bigger your energy balance was positive. it does NOT DIFFERENTIATE WHAT you gained ( fat or muscle)

NOR is it a person's fault if their energy balance is positive. Blaming the obese MAKES NO SCIENTIFIC SENSE AT ALL.

THE BODY control your energy balance far more than you could

Humans are OPEN SYSTEMS. Michio Kaku himself would tell you this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 09:05 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,862,209 times
OMG go AWAY!

Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,928,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
OMG go AWAY!
Apparently he hasn't violated the TOS here, I disagree and I would have taken action. I even went and reread the sticky. So the next best thing to do is put him on ignore. With any amount of luck he will either doom himself or if ignored will go away.

Last edited by SD4020; 01-25-2013 at 09:51 AM..

Old 01-25-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Apparently he hasn't violated the TOS here, I disagree and I would have taken action. I even went and reread the sticky. So the next best thing to do is put him on ignore. With any amount of luck he will either doom himself or if ignored will go away.

Why? Because YOU do not like the factual information that contradicst your BELIEFS? Many obese people have UNFORTUINATE GUL FLORA. Gut flora plays a HUGE role in your weight.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:28 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,928,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSantos View Post
Why? Because YOU do not like the factual information that contradicst your BELIEFS? Many obese people have UNFORTUINATE GUL FLORA. Gut flora plays a HUGE role in your weight.
Because you basing you assumptions on questionable science, agenda and half truth. Because there is even more science and an epidemic as evidenced by multiple health organizations that state there is an obesity problem in the United States.

You're not worth the time and trouble, you are offering nothing constructive here. Time and again science and healthcare show that obesity and obesity related problems leading to bigger health issues down the road. So your agenda and one or two questionable sources are not supported by medicine and science.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Because you basing you assumptions on questionable science, agenda and half truth. Because there is even more science and an epidemic as evidenced by multiple health organizations that state there is an obesity problem in the United States.

You're not worth the time and trouble, you are offering nothing constructive here. Time and again science and healthcare show that obesity and obesity related problems leading to bigger health issues down the road. So your agenda and one or two questionable sources are not supported by medicine and science.

EDUCATE YOURSELF. YOU are the person with no evidence.

The involuntary weight regulation system are body has IS OUT OF WHACKL AND DISFUNCTIONS with obesity. Weuight is REGULATED by the HYPOTHALAMUS INVOLUNTARILY and over a long time.

THIS SYSTEM IS BEING STUDIED INTENSIVELY.IT WAS FIRTS DISCOVERED BY DR. DOUGLAS COLEMAN AND DR. JEFFERY FRIEDMAN WHO WON THE LASKER AWARD

YOU WRONGLY and continually make obesity behavioral , moral , willpower thing.SCIENCE DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS.

There is nO EPDIDEMIC. Obesity is a problem bUT NOT EPIDEMIC. We;e ONLY 7 pounds more today than 30 years back.

ALL of THis is extremely well established in the scientific journals.

MY evidence is direct links to the BEST obesity pioneer researchers. What I say IS SUPPORTED by the scientific journals.

Try getting your obesity information from them INSTEAD of "health organizations."

Old 01-25-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:

TRY READING the scientific journals next time. Modern Science vs The Stigma Of Obesity ( whihc I linmked to ) is a good place to gain knowledge. It is a scientific paper by Dr. FRiedman whose discoveries have been perhas the most important breakthroughs all time in obesity research This man changed the whole view of the scientific community with his work. He is TOPS.

WHEN YOU ACTUALLY READ HIS SCIENTIFIC PAPER Modern Science vs The Stigma Of Obesity : THERE YOU WILL SEE THAT YOUR BELOVED "eat less, move more" NOSTRUM is NOTHING MORE THAN A SOCIAL STIGMA WITH NO SCIENTIFIC SUPPORT

No, it is YOU who are not worth the trouble. I OFFER SOME OF THE BEST INFO ON THIS SITE. Internet cransk form their own communities and REJECT TOP QUALITY SCIENCE.

Try actually READING SCIENCE next time before involkng it all the time.

Last edited by RickSantos; 01-25-2013 at 02:41 PM..

Old 01-25-2013, 03:20 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,787,309 times
Rick, do you consider yourself overweight, healthy weight, or too thin? Just curious.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:53 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,260,320 times
I guess it's easier to grasp onto any pseudo-scientific study to suit your agenda than it is to acknowledge that YOU actually have some responsibility for being overweight. If you eat healthier, take in less calories and work out, you will lose weight. You're not fooling anyone here except yourself and that other account you made just to agree with you (so transparent, lol).

Old 01-25-2013, 06:14 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,102,453 times
I have put him on ignore...best thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss