Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 06:06 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,889 posts, read 58,561,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
In your little "struggle" session you forgot f. do you pay taxes for a public school system.
g. When did you last contribute your skills or resources to a public school? (Yesterday)
h. How often do you volunteer your time to students currently in the PSS? (100+ times / year)
I. How many PS students do you hire per year? (40+)
j. How does their performance and skills compete with alternative educated employees?

Carry on....

(Taxes paid to PSS are irrelevant (cover ears)) 40x my annal food budget, but... I have not recently noticed a benefit to the community. Provides lots of j-o-b-s / busy work, and spews thousands of tons of emissions through 24*7 facilities with ~20% utilization and empty school buses plying and destroying the community roads.

Makes sense (as long as it's filling the pockets and pride of 'our regulars').
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 11:16 AM

3,175 posts, read 2,749,648 times
a. currently have children in the public school system
Yes

b. had children in the public school system in the past
Yes.

c. never had kids in the public school system
No.

d. have or had kids in private schools
I taught a class at a private school, but no, unless preschool counts.

e. why are you a "regular" in this part of the forum
I'm not, I just drop in to give my dumb opinion or read even dumber opinions of others.

Old 04-22-2024, 11:42 AM

51,430 posts, read 24,792,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Yes

Yes.

No.

I taught a class at a private school, but no, unless preschool counts.

I'm not, I just drop in to give my dumb opinion or read even dumber opinions of others.
You made me laugh with e

Old 04-23-2024, 01:29 PM

17,248 posts, read 57,319,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I have a question for our regulars, and of course, nobody has to answer this...totally up to you.

I am curious if you:

Again, obviously, no one is required to answer.
Child free by choice, but am interested in how kids today are being educated, I reflect on how poorly public schools served me as a top 2% intellect back in the day, and after all my tax money is being used to fund public education. It's a good question and you don't need to be apologetic about asking it!

Old 04-24-2024, 09:29 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,889 posts, read 58,561,903 times
Quote:
You made me laugh with e
or cry...at the blatant ineptness and beliefs (and excuses) of professional (ex) educators. (here)

It is no secret why USA edu has attained its current reputation and effectiveness.

Fortunately, there are many more success stories than evidenced by (ex) professionals here at C-D EDU

Quote:

Child free by choice, but am interested in how kids today are being educated, I reflect on how poorly public schools served me as a top 2% intellect back in the day, and after all my tax money is being used to fund public education. It's a good question and you don't need to be apologetic about asking it!
Room for improvement (should anyone be listening (and more importantly ACTING)

Thanks to those who are actually 'educating' TODAY.

No excuses

There is a job to be done, skills to be delivered.

Old 04-29-2024, 07:34 PM

462 posts, read 101,840 times
First of all, keep in mind that I live in another country on the other side of the world, where things can be very different, but also at other times they are surprisingly similar.
a- Do not currently have children in the public school system.
b. Had 2 children in the public school system in the past.
c- No
d. When they finished high school, they both chose computer majors at a private institution.

e- I was always interested in learning about other cultures, languages, different schools and forms of education around the world.

Old Yesterday, 05:05 AM

865 posts, read 492,692 times
Quote:
I have a question for our regulars, and of course, nobody has to answer this...totally up to you.

I am curious if you:

I’d like your answers first, please, and then I’ll answer. That’s only fair. If you’re not willing to answer, I will still answer once you provide a few paragraphs on why you are asking a bunch of questions that you aren’t willing to answer yourself, that can be easily answered by yourself. Otherwise it appears to me that this is just stacking ammunition for future use.

The repeated stating of nobody’s obligation to reply makes no difference in regard to anything.

Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM

51,430 posts, read 24,792,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryKnight1 View Post
I’d like your answers first, please, and then I’ll answer. That’s only fair. If you’re not willing to answer, I will still answer once you provide a few paragraphs on why you are asking a bunch of questions that you aren’t willing to answer yourself, that can be easily answered by yourself. Otherwise it appears to me that this is just stacking ammunition for future use.

The repeated stating of nobody’s obligation to reply makes no difference in regard to anything.
I realize that I'm in your crosshairs, but I'm not going to play your games.

Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM

865 posts, read 492,692 times
Quote:
I realize that I'm in your crosshairs, but I'm not going to play your games.
Unlike yourself, I have no crosshairs, and, to that extent, no need for ammunition.

Posting this, under the guise of being genuinely interested in other posters, while in actuality sizing them up, and stacking ammo, has to be the most tacky thread I’ve seen in a long while.

Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM

17,944 posts, read 13,910,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryKnight1 View Post
Unlike yourself, I have no crosshairs, and, to that extent, no need for ammunition.

Posting this, under the guise of being genuinely interested in other posters, while in actuality sizing them up, and stacking ammo, has to be the most tacky thread I’ve seen in a long while.
It is good to know that you have no cross hairs... and no need for ammunition...

And it is also good to that you can keep secret the reason you are on this board.

As for me... I'm on here because of all the emotional trauma that teachers and mean 'ole principals like Phet caused me during my twelve year career as a student.

It allows me to lash out at them without the threat of getting paddled like in the old days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education