Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 9,351 times

Advertisements

My husband and I just moved to El Paso about a year in a half ago. We now have a 10 month old baby and on the weekends would like to put her in some type of developmental program where she can interact w/ other babies and children (e.g. little gym, gymboree playdates). I have searched on google for such programs, but sadly, have found nothing. Does anyone know of any type of places which offer such program?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 07:13 PM

46 posts, read 153,101 times
I believe there's a Gymboree Play on Remcon on the westside. I'm not sure if its still open. My daughter attended their classes for a few years but classed were a little overcrowded. You could also try http://playgroupsusa.com. We also did some mommy and me art classes at the Magic Paint Brush on Belvidere. There is also some Kindermusik classes held in El Paso as well as baby yoga, you'll have to call around to see who offers them. Dance Factory offered them a couple of years ago not sure if they still do. Hope that helps.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,441,551 times
10 months old? Really? Is this not a little overboard. I can't even remember being 2 or 3 years old let alone 10 months.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 AM

46 posts, read 153,101 times
Not really, as a stay at home mom these little play dates and groups allowed me to interact with other moms of babies in same age group as mine. Which in turn kept me from wanting to bash my head in with my breast pump after 24 hours of baby talk!

Old 01-10-2011, 03:46 PM

28 posts, read 121,410 times
There are several playgroups on meetup.com One I would stay away from (if you want the name let me know privately) as I was a part of it. Leadership changed 5 times in a year and there was lots of drama.

mops.org check it out there are several groups in the area.

Gymboree, there is one on the West side and a location is opening on the East side.

And yes, play groups are often more for mommies sanity than the baby!

Just noticed you are asking about weekends. I believe Gymboree has something on weekends but most things I know about are more geared to the stay-at- home crowd. Most of the things our playgroup did were held weekday mornings.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:27 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,135,058 times
While your baby is still very young, if nothing else, you can go to the east side Barnes and Noble on Friday nights. They have story telling and activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: