Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 05:20 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,385,490 times

Advertisements

"EL PASO -- El Paso made a big leap forward during the past year and is now ranked among the top third of U.S. cities in Inc.com's annual ranking of the hottest cities to do business in."

El Paso rockets up list of hottest cities - El Paso Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 09:52 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
Awesome! Now we just need to get our city council and city planner to start kicking out the incentives to get the businesses to move here.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:35 PM

729 posts, read 2,066,739 times
Do you guys think a business would do really well in El Paso? If yes what part of town? UTEP area? Your thoughts please.

Alamo Drafthouse :: Franchise Page

Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,135,431 times
The westside is in need of another first run theater. That, or the extremely far east side of town. NE and central are pretty much covered.

Considering the the type of theater that is, I would say two could survive here. One by the outlet mall and one far far east.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:28 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth from ELP View Post
Do you guys think a business would do really well in El Paso? If yes what part of town? UTEP area? Your thoughts please.

Alamo Drafthouse :: Franchise Page
If it's pretty inexpensive it might work.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:05 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,135,431 times

Not all entertainment options in El Paso are low end or cheap. Give me a break. The EPSO does well. Broadway in El Paso does well. Concert and after concert sells out at The Plaza. This could do well in the right location. Your views are getting narrower and narrower with every post.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:51 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,441,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post

Not all entertainment options in El Paso are low end or cheap. Give me a break. The EPSO does well. Broadway in El Paso does well. Concert and after concert sells out at The Plaza. This could do well in the right location. Your views are getting narrower and narrower with every post.

Some people project their own experiences and/or beliefs as fact (e.g. no A/C needed in El paso). Having said that however I wonder how many new businesess survive their first year? I always thought a Dave and Buster's or Jillians or anything like that could perhaps do well in EP since there is nothing really like it right now.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:08 AM

729 posts, read 2,066,739 times
Your thoughts are appreciated. Now if I only had the money....we'll see.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:28 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,265,276 times
Default Grand Opening, Grand Closing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Some people project their own experiences and/or beliefs as fact (e.g. no A/C needed in El paso). Having said that however I wonder how many new businesess survive their first year? I always thought a Dave and Buster's or Jillians or anything like that could perhaps do well in EP since there is nothing really like it right now.
Here is a theory...

High insurance premiums cause places to shutdown, or not open at all. Too many places are ruined in El Paso because of the violence that eventually takes place. It never seems to fail, people get drunk and cause trouble and soon enough, there is a dead body in the parking lot.

If not that, someone will file a claim for whatever reason to look for easy money.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth from ELP View Post
Your thoughts are appreciated. Now if I only had the money....we'll see.
Well as you well know, people who can make $45 an hour somewhere else will be offered $12 an hour here and property taxes will likely be going up. Even Western Playland ended up having to move out because of high taxes. It's your money - but I'd be careful because a lot of things don't make it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: