Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 04:34 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times

Advertisements

Gotta pander to the GameBoy and comics crowd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2022, 04:41 AM

4,537 posts, read 6,795,938 times
In my opinion Disney is ruining the Marvel (and Star Wars) franchise. They are making the characters corny and getting too involved in contemporary social themes. They also are taming down the characters and marketing them toward young preteen and teen audiences when their primary fan base, and much of their incidental revenue for their streaming platform, are adults. The Ms. Marvel movie coming out is a perfect example. It looks like a movie geared toward kids. It's not likely to appeal to the older dedicated fanbase.

Some of the recent Star Wars franchise offshoots have ventured down a similar path making legendary characters seem hokey and not fitting with the traditional theme of which they are supposed to be fitting into the established timeline. Young Leah in Obi-Wan Kenobi is a cute kid who appeals to young kids but her character is supposed to be 10 but she actually looks and acts about 5 or 6 years old. In one scene she is running from kidnappers at such a painfully slow pace it is totally unrealistic that she could foil their attempts to capture her. Why couldn't they have cast a 10 year old that actually looks and acts like a 10 year old? There are certainly many 10 year olds that could look, move and act like a resourceful ten year old more fitting for the role.

Old 06-13-2022, 05:30 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
CGI makes the superhero films look too much like cartoons (and I don't find cartoons entertaining). Whereas the first Christopher Reeve Superman film used wires and it looked far more life-like and realistic than Henry Cavill's "Man Of Steel".

Old 06-13-2022, 09:06 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
I have never watched a superhero movie and never will, but I have no problem with the entertainment industry making movies that sell tickets. Apparently there are many people that enjoy these silly cartoons with human actors, so they will continue to make them.

Old 06-16-2022, 11:20 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
With Disney and Warner Bros making more and more super hero shows and movies, do you thinks its too much or are you excited to see them?

Way too much!!!!!!!!!!!

But when kids can only read graphic novels what else is there?

Old 06-19-2022, 05:04 AM

4,621 posts, read 2,218,435 times
Personally I never want to watch another super hero movie. The last one I watched was dead pool and that was it for me.

Old 06-19-2022, 01:53 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Superhero films are too immature, except for Nolan's work.
I mean "Man Of Steel" and "The Batman" were more mature than the Marvel films (forget about Marvel, they're doomed, unless you like childish stuff), but still not mature enough for me to take them seriously.
"Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" are the type of superhero films I'd watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts