Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2023, 10:45 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
There's a few TV shows that might be worth it. The Man in the High Castle, Bosch, Mozart in the Jungle, P.K Dick's Electric Dreams, Counterpart.
Second Mozart in the Jungle, may be ripe for a rewatch. Good Omens was great television, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2024, 05:14 AM

627 posts, read 295,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
That is a good point. Who has a lot of content at a good price? Everything seems so limited on content. When Netflix was new, they had EVERYTHING. Slow, but one price and you could watch anything. No more, since the content is so compartmentalized these days.
True, netflix has gown downhill. I wouldn't pay for that these days. They might need to bring back Blockbuster Video, like an online version or something.

Old 01-29-2024, 12:57 PM

11,402 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
My entire collection is now in Amazon Prime, but then again I buy all my movies, and I only watch classics.
I hate "owning" what I can't physically possess. When you "own" digital content that is stored off site, you are always one step away from losing it all entirely. They can change policies. They can sell the division to a different parent company who no longer abides by the old rules. I haven't seen such problem yet, but I am deeply concerned about that happening.

The only digital content I "buy" are kindle ebooks, and I know fully well the entire collection that I "own" can be wiped out in an instant. I am willing to live with that for books. Not so much for my movie collection. I re-watch movies. I rarely do the work to re-read books.

Old 02-03-2024, 04:38 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,170,699 times
I have amazon prime mostly for buying stuff. But the Amazon Prime movies are not always a good find depending on my mood. I almost always end up either renting a new movie not in Prime yet or I watch old stuff from Roku that has commercials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts