Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2024, 06:32 AM

471 posts, read 404,171 times

Advertisements

This is not a thread for favorite (overall quality) shows, but ones that are a bit low on the quality scale, but you just cannot help but watch anyway.

Here are a few of mine...

Prison Break - the first 2 seasons were really great, even given the outlandish premise. After that, I just could not stop watching for some reason.

Las Vegas (with James Caan) - a lot of gratuitous T&A and ridiculous plots, but really fun anyway.

Jericho - only lasted two seasons, a different premise (I think the first post apocalyptic show) and relatable characters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2024, 07:54 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
General Hospital. I've watched literally since I was 5 (almost 45 years). I don't always watch the show beginning to end. I've mastered the art of skimming to pick up the major plot points. But I do still watch every day.

Old 02-17-2024, 08:31 AM

471 posts, read 404,171 times
Dallas was the soap I could not help but watch.

Old 02-17-2024, 09:44 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpc123 View Post
.........Las Vegas (with James Caan) - a lot of gratuitous T&A and ridiculous plots, but really fun anyway.
Well, when you start with Molly Sims walking out of a pool in a bikini.....

Las Vegas for me was mostly about it's time slot......and first season. It's Friday night slot with Elvis singing made it an excellent way to greet the weekend. When they moved it to Tuesday, right, it lost any magic it had. As far as seasons go, watched it a lot 1st season, but somehow, it faded off after that.

As to the question, what did I tape the hell out of, regardless of when it was shown because I just had to have it.

Okay, I admit it.......I was hooked on Melrose Place/Models Inc..

Old 02-17-2024, 09:59 AM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
I've always enjoyed the old shows. The so called comedies these days on the networks aren't really that funny to me. I found "Car 54, Where Are You?" on one of my roku channels a few months ago. I watch the Rifleman and Wagon Train just about every day. I watch a lot of Emergency, Perry Mason, and I found a few episodes of Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In!

Old 02-17-2024, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I've always enjoyed the old shows. The so called comedies these days on the networks aren't really that funny to me. I found "Car 54, Where Are You?" on one of my roku channels a few months ago. I watch the Rifleman and Wagon Train just about every day. I watch a lot of Emergency, Perry Mason, and I found a few episodes of Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In!
Ever wonder why my DVD library is so full of the last century? Emergency and Adam-12 is part of it.

Rowan and Martin was great.....though I don't know if it could be enjoyed not knowing the time it came out of. For example, "News of the future, 20 years from now! Former Vice President Spiro Agnew has his (whatever) birthday and in blowing the candles out, accidently sets 2 of his guests afire!".

Now, I don't know if it was because he was a klutz like Gerald Ford, quite a drinker, or what. Heard one the other day from the Party of R&M where Don Rickles says that they will allow Hubert Humphreys to place 2 fingers on the Bible.....little lost on that one.

Back to the subject, some, the other day I saw a TV Guide list of the worst TV shows ever....and they had the gall to include The Kids from CAPER (and what does CAPER stand for?) as one of them. Why the gall? Well, Saturday morning kid shows like Isis and Shazam didn't have much quality to them either, but they were not included.

So does Isis and Shazam constitute a guilty pleasure.....for I have them. Isis with a sample kit, Shazam with the whole series. Come to think of it, I also have Ark II, Space Academy, Jason of Star Command, and most importantly...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMn6V00voW0
too!

Old 02-17-2024, 02:23 PM

13,258 posts, read 364,885 times
High Chaparral

Old 02-17-2024, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerz88 View Post
High Chaparral
Have the entire series.

Old 02-17-2024, 05:43 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,942,903 times
Resident Alien

Old 02-17-2024, 05:52 PM

7,736 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpc123 View Post
This is not a thread for favorite (overall quality) shows, but ones that are a bit low on the quality scale, but you just cannot help but watch anyway

Here are a few of mine...

Prison Break - the first 2 seasons were really great, even given the outlandish premise. After that, I just could not stop watching for some reason..
I made it through to the end but couldn't watch the very last episode for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts