Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 01:20 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upminster-1 View Post
That said, I hate series that get cancelled before "resolution" and I hate it when a great show has an ending that is absurd ( like St. Elsewhere ).
OMG, yes! I was thinking about that awful finale the other day. Other terrible endings to series that I actually liked overall:

Seinfeld
Roseanne (WTF?)
Lost
The X Files
Dexter

I would say The Sopranos, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. At first I simply felt pissed that my cable had gone out at the most inopportune time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 11:45 PM

1,938 posts, read 702,190 times
I can't stand the quick loud flashes and mood music in any type of ghost telling or haunted house series. The right eerie music can have an effect but they often get it wrong. A quick scream is supposed to make us jump? It's annoying.

I can't stand when a long running tv show rearranges the original family setup. Like "Chuck" from Happy Days. Or they
change the names of people. I think in MASH, Henry Blake's wife had two different first names. I hated when Sam Malone from Cheers had a "brother" in the first season who made a play for Diane and was never seen or heard from again after that 2 part episode!! They should have made the rival some guy who happened to visit the bar and met Diane. Easier to erase.

I don't like when we're being lectured about certain controversial topics.

I don't like cheap tactics that are supposed to pass for "funny" like an elderly person cursing or talking about sex. Come on now. The late actor, Alan Arkin, sure did his share of that.

Old 04-18-2024, 11:45 AM

2,984 posts, read 1,748,231 times
Every action/thriller movie has at least one scene where the character(s) move through a crowded nightclub looking for someone with music pulsing and booming with strobe lights flashing.

I hate that crap...now get off my lawn!!

Old 04-21-2024, 12:58 PM

40 posts, read 16,851 times
Number 1 thing for me is the story.

Old Today, 03:04 PM

9,386 posts, read 8,356,698 times
I agree with the shaky camera, some time ago that became en vogue for many filmmakers.

I always hate what I call 'whisper talk'. There are certain shows I just could no longer watch due to how their actors would always talk in a very hushed, almost whisper to each other, no matter how important/tragic/rushed the conversation was. The Walking Dead was a great example of this. No zombies around, someone is stressing out about the world and in a disagreement with someone and they're literally whispering to each other in conversation. Several other shows - dramas mostly - do this as well....Sons of Anarchy comes to mind. These big, tough biker dudes would be whispering to each other and always so dramatic/serious. Maybe why I seem to move to reality TV smut nowadays, I cannot stand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts