Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 02:19 PM

8 posts, read 50,940 times

Advertisements

I have been offered a job position that requries me to move to Fargo from Devils Lake, while looking up videos on Fargo I came across a video on youtube titled "Fargo Gangs" it shows number of Native American, African-American gangs and some prison gangs here in North Dakota that I didnt even know existed, I am a little distrurbed by the fact that these violent gangs from other states are now infiltrating our state and prison system, I have a 15 year old son I was planning to enroll in West fargo High School until I saw that video of the gangs at that school, has anyone contacted The Department of Corrections about these gangs in that video?

Old 06-22-2010, 08:36 PM

4 posts, read 22,987 times
I use to work in that prison, I did see the video and I was aware of a number of those prison gangs, I do not know how that person got ahold of those pictures from that prison but I can verifiy some of those photos were taken at the Prison in Bismark, there is not much you can do about it, crime is getting worst everywhere, Although those gangs are real and do exist, obviously they are dealing drugs in a very low key fashion, white supremist gangs have always been a part of the ND prison system but now the Native and Black gangs are forming which can be a security threat but those gangs are not from North Dakota, they are transfers from other prisons which the North Dakota Department of Corrections is allowing them to infiltrate the system, thats why they are bringing the gang mentality from California prisons here. But last time I talk to my ex co-workers at the prison, they were no longer accepting inmates from other prisons due to the increasing violence.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:23 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,999,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officersmith View Post
I use to work in that prison, I did see the video and I was aware of a number of those prison gangs, I do not know how that person got ahold of those pictures from that prison but I can verifiy some of those photos were taken at the Prison in Bismark, there is not much you can do about it, crime is getting worst everywhere, Although those gangs are real and do exist, obviously they are dealing drugs in a very low key fashion, white supremist gangs have always been a part of the ND prison system but now the Native and Black gangs are forming which can be a security threat but those gangs are not from North Dakota, they are transfers from other prisons which the North Dakota Department of Corrections is allowing them to infiltrate the system, thats why they are bringing the gang mentality from California prisons here. But last time I talk to my ex co-workers at the prison, they were no longer accepting inmates from other prisons due to the increasing violence.
thank you for that explanation....

Old 06-23-2010, 12:44 PM

All you have to do is google each one of those gangs and it will tell you how dangerous they are, even that gang Native Mob, google clearly states that gang is North Dakota and Minnesota, their leader just got life and after googling "Indian Posse leader killed" thier leader was also was just killed in a Canadian prison in January, their from Winnipeg, Canada, I dont need my children exposed to that kind of lifestyle here in Fargo.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:12 PM

Have you been to Fargo.... I dare you to find anyone who has even heard of these folks. You would be perfectly safe in Fargo or WF. I have a 5 yr old and 16 mo old twins and I wouldnt even give it a second thought at all. Prisons may have their gangs....but they are in prison for a reason.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:53 PM

9 posts, read 41,126 times
yea, seriously???? GANGS in North Dakota? .. there may very well be... but hardly the kind you take seriously. I know there used to be a couple wannabe gangs in Minot, and maybe heard of a couple "Trench Coat Mafia" knockoffs (wannabes)... but please... these people are shadows if not less of a REAL gang..

Old 06-23-2010, 04:14 PM

114 posts, read 90,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMchayes View Post
I have been offered a job position that requries me to move to Fargo from Devils Lake, while looking up videos on Fargo I came across a video on youtube titled "Fargo Gangs" it shows number of Native American, African-American gangs and some prison gangs here in North Dakota that I didnt even know existed, I am a little distrurbed by the fact that these violent gangs from other states are now infiltrating our state and prison system, I have a 15 year old son I was planning to enroll in West fargo High School until I saw that video of the gangs at that school, has anyone contacted The Department of Corrections about these gangs in that video?
I think I saw that same video to. I am pretty sure it wasnt a serious video. There might be some "gangs" in ND prisons but nothing to be worried about

Old 06-23-2010, 04:38 PM

Well that was what I needed to here, I have only been to Fargo twice and coming from such a small town like Devils Lake, all I know is Fargo is the biggest city in the state so I didnt know what to expect, thats why I wanted to ask you people, thank you.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:16 PM

4 posts, read 22,987 times
Default Re: Prison gangs in fargo

I just got off the phone with the prison and I also forwarded that video to the warden of the prison, we really appreciate you putting up that post, they are going to meet tomorrow to discuss banning inmates from taking photos like that all together, those are considered gang photos that should not have even been allowed and released to the public, do not let that video discourage you from moving to Fargo or enrolling your kids in West Fargo High, they don't have a gang problem, just don't pay attention to that kind of stuff, there will always be bad apples in a bunch, the guy that made that video has several inappropriate video on youtube about Fargo, he also has warrants so he wont be making any more stupid video about Fargo once we catch him anyway.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officersmith View Post
I just got off the phone with the prison and I also forwarded that video to the warden of the prison, we really appreciate you putting up that post, they are going to meet tomorrow to discuss banning inmates from taking photos like that all together, those are considered gang photos that should not have even been allowed and released to the public, do not let that video discourage you from moving to Fargo or enrolling your kids in West Fargo High, they don't have a gang problem, just don't pay attention to that kind of stuff, there will always be bad apples in a bunch, the guy that made that video has several inappropriate video on youtube about Fargo, he also has warrants so he wont be making any more stupid video about Fargo once we catch him anyway.
Thanks for clearing that up.... appreciate it. Most of what that guy puts up on youtube about Fargo is more for entertainment value and should not be considered true IMO. Underage drinking and such is certainly a much more prevelent issue in the area than gangs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo