Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 06:16 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,190,913 times

Advertisements

Welcome: now you can enjoy your new home. Make sure you see the lights at Bentonville square but probably not tonight. Stay comfy in your new home and don't let the storm bother you tonight. It only happens about once a week. Actually I don't think I have ever heard of a storm like this one might be, this time of the year here.i hav
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 12:14 AM

3,111 posts, read 4,015,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Some good advise JW, some I disagree with. The part I have a problem with is SWMO versus NWA. Yes, the taxes as in sales tax are lower, but have you checked things like property taxes? Usually one offsets the other. And as for the drive, 20 minutes here, 35 there on a daily basis can amount up after awhile. I will add, I do like portions of SWM. I do find shopping there, even grocery shopping not as available as even BV. And the fact MO ran out of funds to finish the BV by pass is not a good thing.
I pay $900/year on my 2 story house and 13ish acres. What's a 1600sf 2 story and 13ish acres cost in Bentonville per year in taxes?

MO running out of funds on a road doesn't stress me, nor does the drive. Id rather not live around people or pay Benton county taxes, which more than makes up the difference in gas, Im betting.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:54 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,190,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I pay $900/year on my 2 story house and 13ish acres. What's a 1600sf 2 story and 13ish acres cost in Bentonville per year in taxes?

MO running out of funds on a road doesn't stress me, nor does the drive. Id rather not live around people or pay Benton county taxes, which more than makes up the difference in gas, Im betting.
Oh I am not putting down what you say or where you have chosen to live. The thing though that needs to be researched is the over all costs and what someone wants in a future home. For you, from all your comments in the past living in the country, somewhat away from people is your life style. That is wonderful, but for others this isn't what they are looking for. Another thing: you talk about 2 stories and 13 acres: that isn't the deciding point of your rates: The deciding point is replacement value, age of the home, yes, square feet, and other considerations along with the deductible one carries. An example, our rate dropped this year because we have a new firs station close by. So many things contribute to the cost of insurance.

As for cost of gas, again that depends on how far one has to travel. Yes, sales taxes in Benton county are a little higher, but again each city in Benton and and Washington county is different. Many of us do not realize how much we are paying in sales tax.

I realize not everyone is affected by the state running out of funds to finish a project and of course it doesn't affect everyone the same. My point simply was, how many other projects could be affected by money issues in a given stare. We did consider SWM when we moved here. It was just a bit to isolated for us, with a lack of medical facilities and even shopping.This does depend of course on what you refer to as SWM.

And again, I am not knocking you for your opinions nor questioning them. I am simply saying in my opinion I don't think all you are saying is true for everyone. There are so many thins to consider.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:09 PM

147 posts, read 231,237 times
Can you update us on your experience now that it has been almost a year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers