Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 05:54 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
Well the Chiefs pulled out a nice win today. Just watch the next game aired.
Mahomes is incredible, this 23 year old set an nfl record today for most td passes in first 2 games of the season. The Chiefs offense is as great as their defense is terrible, which looks like a very interesting team to follow so I'm disappointed. I guess I'll just have to catch their games as they air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 10:04 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,754,817 times
I know years ago, the Little Rock station associated with the AFC always went with the Chiefs. NFC went with Cowboys. Even the Memphis station always broadcast the Chiefs prior to the Titans move to Tennessee from Houston. NFC for them I believe were the Saints, but in reality the Cowboys and Steelers probably have the most fans there.
I now live out in the sticks, so I'm not as familiar with local TV and stream almost everything anyway, but it seems odd that they wouldn't default to the Chiefs, being so close and all.

Patrick Mahomes.
Holy Cow.
If you're not on that bandwagon yet, might as well hop on now, cause you might be later anyway.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:57 PM

573 posts, read 585,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
St. Louis doesn't have a team anymore
Right, I should have specified all sports, since we get the Fox sports KC, and Midwest which is St. Louis Cards baseball. Fox sports southwest usually has Texas Rangers baseball too. For football AFAIK it is strictly Chiefs and Dallas.

The chiefs weren't on for you Duke? I live in Springdale and they were on for me on CBS playing vs the Packers.

Last edited by Loveswater_outdoors; 09-17-2018 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: Update

Old 09-18-2018, 07:04 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,445,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
The chiefs weren't on for you Duke? I live in Springdale and they were on for me on CBS playing vs the Packers.
The Chiefs played (and beat) the Steelers last weekend.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
Right, I should have specified all sports, since we get the Fox sports KC, and Midwest which is St. Louis Cards baseball. Fox sports southwest usually has Texas Rangers baseball too. For football AFAIK it is strictly Chiefs and Dallas.

The Chiefs game aired for us last Sunday but will not be shown next Sunday, which tells me they aren't being followed every week like I had hoped.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:58 PM

573 posts, read 585,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
The Chiefs played (and beat) the Steelers last weekend.
Sorry I meant to say Steelers. I also was able to get the Packers game as I am a GB fan. Gotta learn to avoid this site when still sick and loopy. Haven't checked the guide to see who is on this week. Fortunately Dallas is playing in the 3 o clock slot so hopefully they put my packers on vs Washington, however I imagine New Orleans and Atlanta will be the "game of the week" on Fox.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:33 AM

Well this is weird, the guide I use in my Windows media center last week showed that the Chiefs game wasn't scheduled to air this week, but now it's been switched with another game and is showing on ch 51.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:59 PM

I got to see every Chiefs game last year, but this year it appears only the Cowboys and Saints games are showing. Is there any rhyme or reason to what games the local stations decide to show in NWA?

Old 09-17-2019, 09:37 AM

2,176 posts, read 1,323,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I got to see every Chiefs game last year, but this year it appears only the Cowboys and Saints games are showing. Is there any rhyme or reason to what games the local stations decide to show in NWA?
Maybe you could spend a bit of money- monthly no commitments subscription- look up Hulu or
this new outfit just popped up- cant vouch for them- you could look into the deal they offer...

Gen2TV

YouTube shows football but they are a bit more expensive per month

Old 09-17-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Maybe you could spend a bit of money- monthly no commitments subscription- look up Hulu or
this new outfit just popped up- cant vouch for them- you could look into the deal they offer...

Gen2TV

YouTube shows football but they are a bit more expensive per month
gen2tv looks like a scam, how could they possibly offer the nfl ticket for $30/mo ($120 for the whole season) when it costs $300 through Directv for the nfl ticket?
I've tried Hulu, didn't like it and never watched it. The locals don't work like they do through an antenna or cable, they are just a library of prime time shows that aired the day before - not interested.
Looks like channel 5.1 (CBS) is showing a 12:00 game 'to be announced' - this happened frequently last year and every time it turned out to be the Chiefs game. I'm hopeful that last week was just an anomaly and they will start showing them like they did last year. They showed the first regular season game, not sure what happened last week.

I really doubt I could stomach following the Saints, and I KNOW I couldn't stomach following the Cowboys, so it looks like I will just stop following football if they stop showing the Chiefs. (I'm not nearly interested in enough to pay $300/year for the privilege).

Last edited by duke944; 09-17-2019 at 11:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers