Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 12:09 PM

7,154 posts, read 12,713,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Interesting. My mother liked pickled herring. That may very well be why raw fish texture didn't seem weird to me.
Love pickled herring. With cream sauce or with wine sauce. My granny made it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 12:20 PM

978 posts, read 584,287 times
Bubble tea, or any asian style smoothie.

My girlfriend once got me a mango smoothie with some jelly substance in it. I was absolutely perplexed and said "people actually drink this stuff?"

Old 04-29-2024, 03:54 PM

68,353 posts, read 54,549,829 times
If I'm gonna eat raw protein I much prefer Beef Carpaccio to Sushi.

Old 04-30-2024, 12:13 PM

11,100 posts, read 6,699,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Asparagus and artichokes. They're okay; I don't dislike them.
They're just not special, not head-and-shoulders above other veggies.
That's personal taste. They are my two favorite veggies. And artichokes are so much fun to dismantle.

I make better pizza at home in my only-goes-to 425 degree oven. Deep dish! Great crust recipe.

Love lobster and King crab, but cannot get them anymore. Other crab species are not worth it. Dislike oysters too.

Used to like sushi, but just feel "meh" about it now. Some safety concerns too.

Anything with that ridiculous "foam" on it....

But my pet peeve is sandwiches/burgers stacked so HIGH that no way can you get them in your mouth. That has stopped me from ordering any number of sandwiches and burgers when I'm out. Plus, they won't do medium-rare so forget it.

Old 04-30-2024, 12:16 PM

11,100 posts, read 6,699,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
For me = paella.

I mean, it is okay but it gets so much hype for being some amazing dish that is worth a lot of effort to make correctly, including some expensive ingredients and even specialty cooking vessels. We recently took a train down to Valencia (the supposed birthplace of paella) and after sampling various versions right at the source I'm still pretty "meh" on the dish.
We spent 2 months near Valencia too and tried the paella 3 times. Left most of it. Who wants to try and de-shell seafood covered in sauce? Taste is nothing either. I felt bad we couldn't enjoy the national dish, but we just did not like it.

We didn't care for their fancy hams either. I felt bad about that too, being so famous for it.

Old 04-30-2024, 10:46 PM

10,927 posts, read 7,467,133 times
"Pumpkin" flavored whatever. They mostly don't have any pumpkin flavor, they're "pumpkin PIE SPICE flavored".

Lavender in anything. Ugh.

Old 05-04-2024, 10:20 PM

1,052 posts, read 587,334 times
BBQ. It's tasty but a little goes a long way, and when I'm eating it I can't help but think,this is good, but why is it so expensive? It's just dead cow, something sweet, and flavorings. I could do that if I had a dead cow. None are around though, and I've looked pretty thoroughly.

Old 05-04-2024, 10:23 PM

1,052 posts, read 587,334 times
BBQ. It's tasty but a little goes a long way, and when I'm eating it I can't help but think this is good, but why is it so expensive? It's just dead cow, something sweet and flavorings. I could do that if I had a dead cow. None are around though. They're generally never around when you want one.

Old 05-10-2024, 10:02 PM

32,999 posts, read 36,525,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
BBQ. It's tasty but a little goes a long way, and when I'm eating it I can't help but think this is good, but why is it so expensive? It's just dead cow, something sweet and flavorings. I could do that if I had a dead cow. None are around though. They're generally never around when you want one.
Sweet? Real BBQ shouldn't be sweet. Some of it is also about the sides. If you don't have greens I'll be disappointed. I'm OK if there are at least a couple of other choices. I never want mac and cheese.

Old 05-12-2024, 05:02 AM

5,140 posts, read 4,501,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
We spent 2 months near Valencia too and tried the paella 3 times. Left most of it. Who wants to try and de-shell seafood covered in sauce? Taste is nothing either. I felt bad we couldn't enjoy the national dish, but we just did not like it.

We didn't care for their fancy hams either. I felt bad about that too, being so famous for it.
I’m with you regarding the paella. Years ago, a friend and I traveled around Spain hoping to find good paella. We were thoroughly disappointed. When we got to Valencia we thought we were finally going to experience good paella. Not!!

After going to at least 6 “highly recommended” restaurants, we gave up.

The ham wasn’t good either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink