Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 12:36 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living the Florida Dream View Post
<<<....?We have a pickup truck (2015 4x4 Toyota Tundra) and an RV (2015 Winnebago class A) and yet we would be excluded from some neighborhoods because we don’t want to sell our truck, and would need to pay $200 a month for secure RV storage."....>>

You would not have to sell your pick-up truck. Cape Coral eliminated the "No pick-up truck rule" many years ago. You are getting very outdated info.
But if you use your truck for work and have a sign on it you can park it in your driveway in North Fort Myers but not in Cape Coral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 12:37 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
You spend $200 a month on food? I assume not at Publix.
Nope not a Publix, $200 would last me a week there.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:07 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
I live in the Cape and glad to be here.Bought a winter home in 2009 and in 2016 sold my home up north. I am here year round and yes , got to get used to the heat.. Air conditioning is GOOD!

I live in a nice quiet neighborhood and people have their grass cut and keep their bushes trimmed. I know the code fellows who used to ride around and give everyone a hard time. They ride the streets, no one had to call. I have not seen them for quite a while.

I bought the back lot behind my home and parked an SUV on the lot and could not keep it there as this is what the code police said unless I joined the lots. I joined the lots.. now I can park all my cars there because I built another garage on the back lot and have another driveway. So far so good . I have not seen the code police in quite a while. It is true no RV's allowed unless you have a garage built to store it, or hide it.

One fellow does have an RV in my neighborhood but it is parked on the side and has tall ficus trees all around it and it has been there for 6 months or so and no code police yet.

The Cape covers a lot of area and many areas are better looking than others. I see many homes in the Cape getting fresh new paint and a cleaner appearance. It is like every town. Good areas and bad. One has to check out the neighborhood before buying.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:02 AM

18 posts, read 19,456 times
I had the same thoughts and concerns about moving to the area. If I viewed a place I was interested in, I would call or search local police responses in that area to see what type of crime had been reported.

My brother would not like this area, because he would want to store all his broken down cars/campers etc on his own property. But I don't have a problem with that part, as I don't have excess and no mobile homes. My other brother recently purchased a nice rancher and is very happy. But it depends on each persons lifestyle.

When we were looking for houses, we drove around a lot and stayed in the area for a solid week, looking driving and observing the neighborhood. And we did find a house and purchased in cape coral.

Happy hunting.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:08 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,525,447 times
[quote=LifeIsGood01;51175563]Cape Coral runs itself like a giant HOA, they don't let you park work trucks on your own property, they don't let you have a motor-home on your property, they don't let you have a boat on your property. I know of a family in CC who wanted to hold the care they got when the grandfather stopped driving and hold it for 2 years until their son was old enough to drive. They looked into it and CC told them they could not have the car on their property even in their garage unless it had insurance and a license plate, so they sold it.

sounds great to me!

Old 10-02-2018, 08:05 AM

708 posts, read 720,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbeth1953 View Post
and another thing, food is so expensive here because of the tourists, it's crazy. I live alone and am very frugal and it still costs me about 800 to 1000 dollars for groceries per month.

What are you buying? You may frugal on somethings but sure not food! You either eat a lot or have gourmet tastes!!

Old 12-22-2023, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 811 times
Do yourself a huge favor and avoid this redneck ladder, wanna be gang banger, ignorant inhabited area. I escaped back home to Chicago in 2012 after living in the Ft Myers (mostly N.Ft Myers)
area since 1994. It is too bad Hurricane Ian didn't wipe this POS off the map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area