Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 04:53 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,429,361 times

Advertisements

Bye bye zxcvfd

Soon to be kicked outta here

Old 06-29-2019, 12:05 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
Beats snow and thin air

To you, maybe. I always love the first autumn snow. I love summer but am always glad to see it go bye bye in September. By the way, its 92 degrees in Denver right now. With 17% humidity. Where is this "snow" you speak of? I guess Floridians forget that the rest of the country has actual seasons and not the same thing for the whole year.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:07 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
It's interesting you mention something active like parasailing but then omit the many options Colorado offers. There you have skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, rock climbing, mountain climbing, mountain biking, cycling, hunting, fishing and camping in an outdoorsman's paradise with spectacular mountains, lakes, rivers and rock formations. In Florida it's one dimensional given it's flat with nearly zero variables geographically with the beach/ocean and maybe some other water like a lake to explore. Unlike Colorado where one adds clothing to go out in winter and enjoy activity we don't have the option to remove much else unless going out naked to endure the weather of our six to eight month summer, unless at the beach or a pool. Colorado offers a much more active lifestyle so those prone to couch potato life in FL likely aren't interested anyway...

Incidentally, a lot of the transplants that move to Florida are couch potatoes anyway. They spend all summer in AC.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:20 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,429,361 times
Keep MN and CO

Old 06-29-2019, 02:59 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Incidentally, a lot of the transplants that move to Florida are couch potatoes anyway. They spend all summer in AC.
Not surprising, it's too hot/gross to do much else in the summer and still after 3/4 of my life time here fascinated with people who move here because of it.....like on purpose.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:13 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,214,652 times
Florida is the best place to live and make home... Someone else just recently said the sun mixed with the beach and salt water is the happiest feeling on earth... Florida is the perfect place to make home and to travel to other places.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:23 AM

333 posts, read 239,885 times
I love Florida and Colorado a lot . I love the cities of Florida and the diversity of the population .

Colorado has beautiful mountains and cooler weather, which would definitely be appreciated this time of year .

Incidentally, residents of Colorado and Minnesota tend to be healthier on average than Florida residents. Of course, Florida is significantly more populous than both CO and MN combined, so take it with a grain of salt. Where I live in Sarasota, Ive found people to be very health oriented.

I don't really think weather has anything to do with healthy populations, I think it's more the attitude of the residents in a certain area, and perhaps the culture. Austin, TX has an extremely healthy population and is hotter than the hub of hades. Minneapolis also does and is freezing cold most of the year .

Old 07-28-2019, 04:53 PM

7 posts, read 6,602 times
We live in SW Florida and just got back from vacation and house hunting in CO. We really hate the 10 months of heat and very high humidity, so we are seeking a drier climate among many other things.

SW FL is typically for less active people and a lot of old retired people(especially sick and old).
So if you like to run and bike and mountain bike and anything outside, then hot and humid florida is not ideal. Fl is ideal if you are sedentary and like to sit on a beach. Not sure the fun in that, but to each their own. SW FL also typically has the highest dew point on any given day. So again, if you are active, like my family, you are really seeking a less humid place to live. And we would also like to see the seasons change, another thing that does not really happen in SW FL

Old 07-28-2019, 06:33 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,860,003 times
Low humidity
Cooler weather
natural scenery
mountains
legal weed

Old 07-29-2019, 08:22 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator50 View Post
We live in SW Florida and just got back from vacation and house hunting in CO. We really hate the 10 months of heat and very high humidity, so we are seeking a drier climate among many other things.

SW FL is typically for less active people and a lot of old retired people(especially sick and old).
So if you like to run and bike and mountain bike and anything outside, then hot and humid florida is not ideal. Fl is ideal if you are sedentary and like to sit on a beach. Not sure the fun in that, but to each their own. SW FL also typically has the highest dew point on any given day. So again, if you are active, like my family, you are really seeking a less humid place to live. And we would also like to see the seasons change, another thing that does not really happen in SW FL
I predict you'll be back in Florida after the 2nd Winter. You might want to rent instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area