Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 08:07 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times

Advertisements

It's not that - it's the whole processing of selling your current home and finding another one where you want to live. And now is certainly a great time to sell, not so great to buy. I have found the older I get, the more easily overwhelmed I become. Plus, in my case I still have some family here. I'm visiting my son in Colorado next month and maybe getting away from the heat & humidity for awhile will be good for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 03:02 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,695,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
It's not that - it's the whole processing of selling your current home and finding another one where you want to live. And now is certainly a great time to sell, not so great to buy. I have found the older I get, the more easily overwhelmed I become. Plus, in my case I still have some family here. I'm visiting my son in Colorado next month and maybe getting away from the heat & humidity for awhile will be good for me.
I hope I am dead BEFORE having to move....Damm what a nightmare that is . . . .

Old 09-13-2021, 07:21 PM

323 posts, read 260,589 times
I agree with the OP about Florida. I think it's a great state as well.
There's always going to be triggered Nancys that cry over someones wording. It is what it is!
I'm glad the OP has found their little slice of heaven though...

Old 09-16-2021, 08:06 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,216,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBetrus View Post
I agree with the OP about Florida. I think it's a great state as well.
There's always going to be triggered Nancys that cry over someones wording. It is what it is!
I'm glad the OP has found their little slice of heaven though...
OP doesn’t just think Southwest Florida is great, he thinks it puts ALL other places to shame.

Instead of OP saying something like “SWFL is hard to beat” or “SWFL checks the most boxes for my personal self” he objectively said it PUTS ALL OTHER PLACES TO SHAME!!

OP sounds very educated and well traveled indeed, the fact the entire world wouldn’t want to live in SWFL is mind boggling!

Beautiful Sedona Arizona where I’m currently at? Yuck!! Greece or Italy Islands? Nope. Costal California? Just a shame. Private beach front home in Hawaii, still just a shame compared to Cape Coral... Thinking about buying a cabin in Aspen or Telluride Colorado, Well don’t, buy a cabin on the outskirts of North Fort Myers instead because SWFL puts every single other place in the world to shame, and the word shame being used is a nice way to put it.

Old 09-23-2021, 02:46 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
OP doesn’t just think Southwest Florida is great, he thinks it puts ALL other places to shame.

Instead of OP saying something like “SWFL is hard to beat” or “SWFL checks the most boxes for my personal self” he objectively said it PUTS ALL OTHER PLACES TO SHAME!!

OP sounds very educated and well traveled indeed, the fact the entire world wouldn’t want to live in SWFL is mind boggling!

Beautiful Sedona Arizona where I’m currently at? Yuck!! Greece or Italy Islands? Nope. Costal California? Just a shame. Private beach front home in Hawaii, still just a shame compared to Cape Coral... Thinking about buying a cabin in Aspen or Telluride Colorado, Well don’t, buy a cabin on the outskirts of North Fort Myers instead because SWFL puts every single other place in the world to shame, and the word shame being used is a nice way to put it.
it is just their opinion. most of which I share. I would rather be on the beach at Cayo Costa, eating a cheeseburger at cabbage key, fishing out in the gulf and bringing home my fresh catch for dinner than doing just about anything else. Have absolutely no desire to go to or back to any of the places you mentioned. I am a water person, a warm water person. Most places you mentioned would be living hell to me. but to each their own.

Old 10-06-2021, 07:30 PM

323 posts, read 260,589 times
Quote:

You're exactly what I was referring to. -- You're triggered AF over his wording...lool. Him thinking that SW Florida puts the rest of the world to shame is STILL an opinion, whether you like it or not.
So congratulations: you just typed up a novel that perfectly displays how triggered you get over a persons wording... This is hilarious...loool..

Old 10-10-2021, 04:45 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,216,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBetrus View Post
You're exactly what I was referring to. -- You're triggered AF over his wording...lool. Him thinking that SW Florida puts the rest of the world to shame is STILL an opinion, whether you like it or not.
So congratulations: you just typed up a novel that perfectly displays how triggered you get over a persons wording... This is hilarious...loool..
It’s not hilarious, words are important and have consequences. Especially on a forum. OP is probably a fake troll. No well read and traveled person says stuff like OP.

Side note to everyone else, just spent the week checking some of the beaches here in the panhandle, and they were even better then I ever expected. Amazing how big Florida really is, as the panhandle was one of the last areas of Florida I haven’t explored till now. The beaches have a much more natural feel then most the beaches in the south. Definitely recommend checking it out up here, just not during Dec-Feb, too cold.

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 10-10-2021 at 05:03 AM..

Old 10-10-2021, 05:18 AM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times
I can live just about anywhere I please. I live in Florida. It's not perfect, no place is, so I tried to get as a close as I could.

I left FLA 2x before, & tried other states, but each time, I couldn't wait to return. After the 2nd time I left, it took me 20 yrs to get back, which makes me appreciate it even more.

If FLA had California's weather, & wasn't so flat, then it would be closer to perfect. It's getting crowded too.

For some context, prior to Florida, I lived in: GA, OH, MO, IL, AL, MI, NY

I've been in every state in the USA except Alaska (going June 2022)

I've been to Costa Rica, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Western Europe, & Canada

I like Florida so much, its killed my enthusiasm for travel elsewhere.

Old 12-02-2021, 01:06 PM

818 posts, read 582,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
I hope I am dead BEFORE having to move....Damm what a nightmare that is . . . .
Now, that's funny. Better dead than moved.

Old 12-02-2021, 02:02 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,271,596 times
Quote:
It’s not hilarious, words are important and have consequences. Especially on a forum. OP is probably a fake troll. No well read and traveled person says stuff like OP

Relax...take Sominex...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area