Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2024, 11:18 PM

11 posts, read 15,611 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving from Phoenix to either Ft. Myers area or Hillsborough county in the southeast area of Tampa. Compared to Tampa, I am blown away by the all the house rentals on Zillow.com for greater Ft. Myers area. Why so many available? Many are on large lots near heavy vegetation. Are bugs going to be a problem? We can afford a rental house for $2200/mo, minimum 1500 sqft, 3 bed, 2 bath, with enclosed lanai and prefer fenced backyard for dogs... but I really don't see that on properties. My company has an office in both cities. I prefer to keep my commute at 30 mins or less in rush hour. Please tell me about Cape Coral and Punta Gorda, or any other desirable areas. Share info about areas with high crime rate. What areas do I have to be concerned about flooding? Do I need flood insurance for rental or will property mgmt company/landlord cover that? There seems to be a lot of things to do in Tampa. Where are nice beaches in Ft. Myers? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2024, 07:52 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,361,842 times
A threshold question is where is the office located in Fort Myers. Commute times during rush hour can be quite long, especially during "season". For example, if the office is around the airport area or Gateway, the commute from Cape Coral or Punta Gorda will be well over 30 minutes during rush hour.

Old 01-30-2024, 06:14 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I hope you're prepared for the drastic change in humidity but that's another subject.

Where is the office in Fort Myers? Gateway is very nice, I loved it there and because their power lines are underground we didn't lose power during Hurricanes Irma & Ian. However, Gateway can have its own traffic issues once you get onto Daniel's Pkwy. especially during baseball's spring training as there are two stadiums nearby.

I live in Cape Coral and while it is okay, traffic will drive you crazy on the bridges during rush hour. I prefer Fort Myers but be aware that certain areas (mostly around downtown are high crime areas). Avoid area codes 33916, 33905 and some of 33901.

I know nothing about Punta Gorda but it quite far from both of your offices.

Old 02-02-2024, 02:31 PM

179 posts, read 131,748 times
In a previous thread you asked about Jacksonville.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/jack...lle-tampa.html

Two very different places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area