Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 06:44 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,160 times

Advertisements

I feel your pain. We USED to have THREE toy poodles, mom, dad and baby. "dad" Murph, died after spinal surgery on Christmas Day. He was the best dog ever. Even tho he was a toy poodle, he THOUGHT he was a black lab. He played frisbee, leaping off the deck like Hosehead in Strange Brew, fetched golf balls as fast as you could chip 'em...great dog. Now "Mom" Pep, is ailing. We don't expect her to make it down to Florida by the time we get to move there. And when SHE'S gone, we don't know how daughter Ginger will do on her own, she's always had at least one with her. I'm going to try and post their picture with this, don't know if it'll work.
Attached Thumbnails
Barking Dog Problem-3pups.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 12:13 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
I am truly sorry for your loss. The unconditional love we get from pets is often more rewarding than human love with so many strings attached to it. I apologize in advance if I offend anyone, but sometimes I feel Paul's words in Corinthians describes the love we we get from our pets, not 2-legged significant others!

" Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. "

Old 02-07-2009, 01:18 PM

136 posts, read 417,929 times
Definitely unconditional love. My Zeus never did any wrong in my eyes. My hubby said I ruined him as a dog. He was like a child, : ). Whenever my husband tried to talk with him, he would turn his head & just stare at me, and he'd say, stop looking at your mother, lol! Least I will always have the lovng memories.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:47 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawr View Post
Definitely unconditional love. My Zeus never did any wrong in my eyes. My hubby said I ruined him as a dog. He was like a child, : ). Whenever my husband tried to talk with him, he would turn his head & just stare at me, and he'd say, stop looking at your mother, lol! Least I will always have the lovng memories.
This made me smile, and I gave you some points! Pep is the same way. Mr. cool is fine, as long as I'm not around. She'll deign to sit with him then. But the second she hears me come downstairs, she's off his lap and stands on the arm of the couch waiting for me to come downstairs.
She's blind, so I try to be quiet so she can't find me when I need to get anything done! When I do my free weights arm exercises, she stands on her hind legs and scratches my leg 'cuz I'm not holding her! She is sooooooo spoiled! Murph was mr. cool's dog no doubt. When he died, he cried! He didn't cry when my DAD died, but he did when his dog died!!

Old 02-07-2009, 07:17 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,282,442 times
Thank you all for sharing your stories. I wanted to let you know that there is a forum on this website specifically for remembering our lost furry friends: https://www.city-data.com/forum/rainbow-bridge/

It is really a nice way to remember your pets and grieve.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:43 PM

Just to follow up on this - the same neighbors got another dog a few weeks ago. The barking is worse than ever and I am being forced to move. One evening the new dog (also a pit bull) began pulling on his chain after seeing my neighbor walking her 2 dogs after work. He broke loose and chased her. She told me he growled and lunged at her, but her screaming caused so much attention that another neighbor came out to help and the dog ran away. Animal Services came by & left. There are still 3 barking dogs tied up in the yard. (the chow chow and chihuahua moved a couple of months ago..they belonged to the woman's father) Maybe the people were cited, maybe not. I am so tired all the time. I've been crying uncontrollably for hours since I had an important meeting this morning (an interview) but was too sick to my stomach to leave the house. I give up. Even one hour of sleep would be a blessing. Anyone who doesn't believe me, ask for the links to my ads on Craig's List, since I'm trying to sell my furniture and get out of here as soon as possible, although I have no place to go. You can also find my posts from 4 and 5 this morning. I figured it's better than going outside and screaming on top of my lungs. Then I'll be the one they take away and put in a cage.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:34 PM

136 posts, read 417,929 times
Thats a shame that your neighbors are so disrespectful that your resorting to moving. I dont understand why some people have certain pets. Its beyond me. Im glad to hear your neighbor didnt get hurt & her dogs.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawr View Post
Thats a shame that your neighbors are so disrespectful that your resorting to moving. I dont understand why some people have certain pets. Its beyond me. Im glad to hear your neighbor didnt get hurt & her dogs.
Thank you. I really needed to vent. Thank goodness for boards like city-data! I wish that was my face now. I think the type of person who ties dogs outside 24/7 is someone who also might be inconsiderate toward another human.

Again, I hope people realize I love animals and am feeding several kitties. I've also rescued stray & lost dogs. They're like children to me, so I can't blame the animals for doing what comes natural to them.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:38 AM

578 posts, read 1,776,832 times
Most cities have an ordinance about barking dogs and yelling birds no matter what the time of day or night it is. You can call animal control during the day and the Police after 10 pm. What you need to do is get a video of the dogs barking and if you see them off of a leash get pictures or video of that as well. I know that from experience. I had a neighbor who had a dog that she would not control and it almost ripped me apart. Animal control told me that if I could get them a picture of the dog off the leash they would fine the lady $500 and the next violation would mean giving up the dog. If Animal control and the Police do not witness anything it is hard if not impossible to get them to act.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,082 times
Red face possible solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I've lived in the same home since 1996 and have occasionally experienced trouble with noisy neighbors, but now I've got barking dogs on both sides of me. I can't take it any more, since I'm a very light sleeper. Yes, I've tried "white noise" but nothing helps, even sleeping pills. I finally got to sleep at 4 in the morning and at 7:30 I awoke to the dogs.

A few months ago, another neighbor called Lee County because their 4 dogs - 2 pit bull puppies, a chow and a chihuahua -were running loose. Now they are restrained and carry on all the time. I feel badly for the dogs, since they are outside all the time & covered with fleas. When they were a few months old, the puppies roamed into my yard, and I tried spraying them gently with a hose, since it was obvious they were being tormented by the fleas. (they'd squeal and bite)

Honestly, I am not one to complain, but I am getting sick and don't know what to do. The Lee County Sheriff's Office keeps saying it's an Animal Control issue and Lee County Animal Control says it's a nuisance problem. I don't think they really care since it's become such a common problem.

Any suggestions?
May I suggest animal away! you can purchase it at any home depot or Lowes and you put it around the paremiter of your property and it will keep all animals out. i would suggest getting the granular because it lasts longer but good news is no more animals in your property. If the fleas are coming on to your property a really good solution is specticide by trisectaside the bags of granular form last 3 months and keep your yard free of all bugs! otherwise I hear fences make great neighbors as well! Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area