Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 10:47 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,838,847 times

Advertisements

Just ordered a new Google Pixel 7 Pro from Amazon with the $200 Gift card offer. I think this is a fairly great deal, you also save on sales tax as the phone is discounted from it's original $899 to $699 and you pay tax on the lower price.

Was on the fence but I think this deal was the final push to finally just replace my phone, it's still pricey for a phone but made it a bit more palatable.

Final damage: $954 plus $20 for a new case so $974 with all taxes and then get the $200 back through gift cards, so $775 or so for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
while the phones don't last and even Google stop supporting their own phones after 2 years. Samsung still gave updates to Samsung Galaxy 10 Phones that are older than your Pixel 3..
Simply not true. Google is the owner of Android and Pixel phones always get update way ahead of any other phone. I like the vanilla Android look and feel and the camera software is leaps and bounds ahead of Samsung. Software updates are 5 years, that is promised by Google up front.

I have not had any reliability issues with my Pixel 3XL, as I said it's going strong after 4 years, the only issue is the battery. There are some drawbacks to the new Pixel 7Pro, the battery life trails others, I understand that but my decision was based on the overall package - hardware, software, updates, UI experience.

On the other hand I had a Samsung Galaxy Note before this that simply died one day after 3ish years. And Samsung phones come with ridiculous bloatware and keep insisting on using Samsung accounts etc. whereas the Pixel more seamlessly integrates with a Google account. Samsung must just stop doing that, it's highly annoying.

Yeah, Apple phones are terrific but I am not in the Apple ecosystem (iCloud, iTunes, i-whatever) and I am an Android guy so that isn't even an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living