Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2023, 07:08 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
One of our platoon sergeants suggested a way to use only one sheet of TP. I won't go into the gory details here on a family website, just use your imagination.
LOL. I believe it involves putting a finger through the center of the TP square.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2023, 02:43 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
but how do you dry yourself after using the bidet?
There's a fan that blows "perfumed" warm air.

Old 11-19-2023, 05:00 PM

18,056 posts, read 15,645,534 times
A spray attachment (to the sink for warm water) if you have a sink right next to your toilet, is a game-changer. Not just any spray attachment, but one designed for this specific purpose. I installed this one in 2019, and liked it so much I added another one to my other bathroom. I use it with the included 5" spray arm extender. Took less than 5 min. for me to install the sprayer to the faucet.

Pro tips: some liquid soap mixed with water in a big spray bottle...it's like a mini shower, and so convenient. Also, get a pack of microfiber towels for drying and use them only for your after-bidet drying.

Old 11-24-2023, 09:18 AM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
I use a towel and then hang them out to dry on the front porch. Then I shake off the dry **** and after I get 4-5 towels I put them in the wash.

Just when I find some redeeming quality in the human race I stumble across something like this.

TP just isn't that expensive, people. I'm frugal when and where I buy it, but not when I use it.

Old 11-24-2023, 09:50 AM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
I use a towel and then hang them out to dry on the front porch. Then I shake off the dry **** and after I get 4-5 towels I put them in the wash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Just when I find some redeeming quality in the human race I stumble across something like this.

TP just isn't that expensive, people. I'm frugal when and where I buy it, but not when I use it.
It's the space savings of washlets vs a big package of Costco TP.

Old 12-06-2023, 12:17 AM

3,605 posts, read 1,655,075 times
Bail on the toilet paper...use newspaper...just don't put it down the toilet...bag it and trash it consistently. Did it for a while during first year of covid (when you couldn't find toilet paper in store) and actually worked pretty well without rushing around with the store hoarders!

Old 01-02-2024, 07:02 PM

972 posts, read 541,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Roman soldiers use a wooden stick .
I'm glad I'm not in the Italian army.

Sorry if this is too much information, but one of the best ways I've found to save on TP is to eat healthfully so that I have healthy bowel movements. Good health is of course the bigger benefit, but I've found that when all is well there isn't much wiping to be done.

Old 01-02-2024, 08:23 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Bail on the toilet paper...use newspaper...just don't put it down the toilet...bag it and trash it consistently. Did it for a while during first year of covid (when you couldn't find toilet paper in store) and actually worked pretty well without rushing around with the store hoarders!
You have, Newspaper?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living