Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2023, 10:32 AM

5,102 posts, read 2,047,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Makes people furious, but it runs in Japan, so the question is: Does it make the citizens of Japan furious?
Not it all, I think the Japanese lovin' it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2023, 03:26 PM

17,211 posts, read 57,047,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I'm sure others have probably figured this out but it was something I ran across at here at the safe Park we have one lady whose vehicle doesn't run but she does love McDonald's sometimes she'll give me some money I'll drive over there if I'm nearby grab her some food and I put that on my card and then I put the cash in my bank.

Today I did the same thing got her just a breakfast biscuits that's two of them cuz you can buy one and get one another one for a dollar and I stopped and got the receipt so then I came back and I dropped off the food and I was looking at the receipt so I did a customer satisfaction survey.

Now since I did it I am now permitted to buy one item and get the same item for free as equal price. So I went to the McDonald's deals menu and looked at what they are offering and they are also offering buy one get one free so in other words I could buy four Big Macs with cheese for $5.29 for the first two and the other two I get free so you're looking at with tax $11.48 for four McDonald's Big Macs and if you divide by four you comes out to $2.87 each which normally they're $5.29 each.

So if you had like three friends over and you wanted McDonald's there you go. Now I don't know what you do about shakes and fries but hey the main meal is the burger. Or you could order all four and stuff your face for lunch and microwave the other two for dinner
Mickey D's chow is cheap for a reason. I wouldn't eat a Big Mac if they paid me $5.29 to eat it.

I mean seriously if you eat it once in a while you will probably be OK, but, just for example the book "Supersize Me" details what's wrong with eating this glop all the time.

Old 09-26-2023, 03:33 PM

1,499 posts, read 885,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Mickey D's chow is cheap for a reason. I wouldn't eat a Big Mac if they paid me $5.29 to eat it.

I mean seriously if you eat it once in a while you will probably be OK, but, just for example the book "Supersize Me" details what's wrong with eating this glop all the time.
We get kids meals cheeseburgers….I can’t or won’t eat the big burgers

Old 09-27-2023, 02:43 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
I have the McD's app, every day there is a buy one breakfast sandwich, get one free, then for the lunch menu at 11am there is a buy one sandwich such as a quarter pounder with cheese or a big mac, then you get another one free.

I believe that in order to get another item off the deals in the app that you have to wait 15 minutes between ordering.

Burger King also does deals in their app. Last week my daughter and I were out, there were two breakfast biscuits, one hash brown and one coffee for $6 which is fairly cheap, I think one sandwich is about $5.

Of course BK changed their deal menu. Today is Whopper Wednesday, $3 whoppers.

Not seeing any breakfast deals, for lunch it's buy one original chicken sandwich, get one free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living