Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 10:07 PM

797 posts, read 438,352 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I took a vacation to Minnesota to Grand Marais and the Twin Cities.I really enjoyed taking a tour of the Midwest for the first time in Minnesota.I am thinking about spending the summers in the Midwest in the future.I would like the part of the North I spend them in to have a max temp in the 80's in the summer time.I want to go somewhere where triple digits are unlikely or just a few days a year.I am considering the states of Oklahoma, Iowa,Kansas,Missouri,Kentucky,North Dakota,West Virginia, and South Dakota.I would like to stick with the Midwest.Kentucky and West Virginia are just wild cards.I really like the Great Lakes.

I thought they were real nice.I would like to live somewhere with a low to moderate cost of living although I dont have a budget yet.Its too far into the future at this point.I prefer a small to mid-sized city and maybe a small town or a suburb of a big city.I am a Republican so I would prefer somewhere where I would not feel so out of place politically.I would possibly spend the winters in Arizona.I would like to live somewhere that had low taxes.I would like to live in a state where I have a good deal of personal freedom.I would like to live somwhere that was alcohol friendly.I am a Christian so I would like to live somewhere I could be around other people of the Christian faith.I would like to live somewhere that has shooting ranges and gun shops so I could target practice

I am fine with living in a flat area.I would like somewhere that at least had a Walmart,IHOP,Denny's,McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Chicken..There are different parts of the country I am considering but I will not get into them on this thread.What part of the Midwest would yall reccommend for me?I figure I would just stay in a hotel or extended stay.I would like to be within 2 or 3 hours of airport that Southwest Airlines flies into.I am also considering out west for the summers but I will not get into that during this thread.What cities and states would you pick for me?Thanks in advance.This would be for the months of June,July, and August.I wont be needing a job in the Midwest.I would like to be somewhere thats gun friendly.

Last edited by NewMexicoCowboy; 05-22-2024 at 11:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2024, 11:11 PM

8,519 posts, read 8,887,040 times
Near Morgantown WV. Outside Kansas City Missouri or SW Missouri. Brookings SD. Omaha NE.

Old 05-22-2024, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Near Morgantown WV. Outside Kansas City Missouri or SW Missouri. Brookings SD. Omaha NE.
Okay thanks NW Crow.I already ruled out Nebraska,Minnesota,Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin,Michigan, and Illinois but thanks anyways.

Last edited by NewMexicoCowboy; 05-22-2024 at 11:40 PM..

Old 05-22-2024, 11:48 PM

Southwest Airlines access in KC, Omaha, Pittsburgh and Minneapolis.

Last edited by NW Crow; 05-22-2024 at 11:57 PM..

Old 05-22-2024, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Southwest Airlines access in KC, Omaha, Pittsburgh and Minneapolis.
Okay thanks NW Crow.I flew into Minneapolis last summer on Southwest and it seemed like a good airport to me.

Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM

7,306 posts, read 4,675,397 times
I know from personal experience that both Kansas and Oklahoma are very hot and humid in the summer. Personally I would prefer Minnesota or Wisconsin for the summer and I have lived in both places. I know that taxes aren’t low.

Old Yesterday, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I know from personal experience that both Kansas and Oklahoma are very hot and humid in the summer. Personally I would prefer Minnesota or Wisconsin for the summer and I have lived in both places. I know that taxes aren’t low.
Oh okay.I have never been to Kansas in the summer time so I would not know from personal experience.I guess that leaves possibly Iowa,Missouri,North Dakota,South Dakota,West Virginia, and Kentucky.I already ruled out Minnesota and Wisconsin, Teacher Terry.Thanks.

Old Yesterday, 12:22 AM

Compared to south TX, the states you selected will be somewhat less hot. Particularly in June.

Old Yesterday, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Compared to south TX, the states you selected will be somewhat less hot. Particularly in June.
Thats a good point NW Crow.Ya San Antonio can get really hot in June July and August so maybe Oklahoma and Kansas could work.

Old Yesterday, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Thats a good point NW Crow.Ya the Texas Hill Country can get really hot in June July and August so maybe Oklahoma and Kansas could work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.