Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 07:47 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,705,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
Albany is no worse than Macon, Columbus or Augusta... just on a smaller scale.
IMO, the military bases and interstate connectivity do give Macon, Columbus and Augusta more of a cosmopolitan and transient feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 06:31 PM

654 posts, read 527,179 times
No, it's not as bad as many people make it out to be.

It's worse. Much worse.

Old 07-18-2023, 05:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,161 times
Good evening Georgia, my name is William Rolle and I reside here after purchasing a home here on 10 February 2022. I moved here to get away from the rat race of Miami, Florida as well as from the racial divide which existed among the whites, Hispanics, and blacks(African Americans). Here in Albany I’ve witnessed those same problems simply because most adults are stubborn and set in their ways. I oftentimes tell people that my favorite colors are pink and green. I am a veteran of the United States armed services and I’ve travelled half way around the world twice and I’ve visited over 25 countries while serving. I’m posting this all because the article I read about Albany being so bad. When I hear these things my comment is Albany may be bad but Miami, Florida is worst in many ways. I’ve been under attack by both whites and blacks her in Albany all because I refuse to take sides with racist/prejudice whites and blacks. My mother was of mixed nationality simply because her father was a halfbreed which consisted of Native American and white(Irish American). This fighting shouldn’t even exist among so-called Christian’s but it does. I am hated by both stubborn blacks and whites here in Albany, Georgia. I have a brother who lives an hour away from me and while traveling to his house I am forced to see a giant confederate flag flying with a sign below it saying: “Join Us”. Racism here in Georgia and throughout North America is taught in the homes and in the churches and a many of our private schools. Let’s make America great for we can’t make it great again. Remember I grew up in the Jim Crow south.

Old 07-18-2023, 06:05 PM

2 posts, read 1,161 times
Good evening Albany, Georgia as well as for the rest of Georgia. My name is William Rolle and reside in Albany, Georgia. I am a Persian Gulf war veteran and I’ve seen much of the world. I graduated high school in Atlanta, Georgia despite my being born in Miami,Florida. I’ve attended several schools throughout Georgia as a youngster all because my father was a pentecostal minister. We lived in Warner Robins,Georgia where my best friend Tony Sanders lived and yes he was white. Tony Sanders along with myself were attacked by members of the junior Ku Klux Klan for simply hanging out with one another, I also lived in Macon, Georgia where I was attacked in my classroom by one of my classmates who was a racist bigot and I was punished by the principal for fighting when I didn’t even throw a punch. I know about hate and I know just how hate can consume us in such a way that it will and can do the holder of hate more harm than the ones we hate. Based on what I’ve observed living here in Albany, Georgia both the blacks and whites are consumed with hate. Why whites hate me I don’t understand but why blacks hate whites I do understand. I hate that blacks harbor towards whites have been in on themselves in such a way that they are obese(overweight), gluttons, alcoholics, and drug addicts. I’ve learned to hate my brother and wife along with their dog while they live with me in a house that I own. I’ve allowed them to take over my house by saying little or nothing. The hate that I have for them have is is consuming me everyday. They are religious fanatics who never practice what they preach and they prejudice hateful narcissist. They live to eat instead of eating to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia