Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 12:02 AM

1 posts, read 626 times

Advertisements

My nephew has been taking of my Mom. I called HS and they said to call APS so I'm gathering info b4 calling. My sister, who is his Mom, enables him lets him get Mom to consign loans knowing he's buying illegal drugs with the money, he's on disability. He acts normal now , he won't get a Job again. I noticed Moms doc retired and she's not taking all her meds. It's frustrating, so I know how you feel. Mom could live wth me but they need her income. Sis draws 1000.00 so she says . Mom draws social security and some retirement fund her husband had, but I don't know exactly how much but she told me back when he died, she gets about 3000.00 a mnth. I'm worried sick. She has fell twice in one year apart. Broke arm and hip. She needs 24/7 care. Sis talked doctor out of sending Mom to extended rehab after surgery bcause he said we can't spend night with her but cud visit her during day . She's afraid Mom will tell them what's going on at home I just know it. Any advice? Mom was declared mentally I'll in 2009. She was sharp as a tack until suddenly she had a breakdown then. That was a shock. She went to the mental ward for a month . Sister said Doc said she had been depressed for a long time and was never diagnosed . My other sister asked an RN and she says if she was given two meds that don't mix , it could have made Mom go crazy and sister who lives wth her could hav done it to get Mom to sign over her home and land. Sis has it willed to go to nephew who is sorry lazy dope head. A witness told me she said her sorry son will get moms property. I have to hurry and do something . But will APS do anything ? Thanks for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 09:53 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,345,113 times
I think your family needs legal help pronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents