Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2007, 10:19 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,892,874 times

Advertisements

Have you recieved a unique gift from a grandchild? I am trying to come up with something special for Christmas from our almost 2 year old? Thanks. I love this sub-forum even if I'm not a grandma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 10:34 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,596,641 times
Once my grand daughter gave me something she made at school. It was a Christmas tree ornimate, a picture of her with a popcicle stick frame she colored with crayons. I still have it a good 10 years later and still love it! She is about to graduate now.

Have a grandson who gave me another tree ornimate that he bought at the schools Christmas fair. They earned coupons through out the year to use to buy things at the fair.. It brings back memories every year when I pull it out and now he is about to graduate too.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:51 AM

39 posts, read 247,835 times
My daughter bought those unfinished ceraminc ornaments from an arts and crafts store( like Michaels) and had my grandson paint them. He was about 2-3 at the time. He painted several and I still have those and hang them each and every year. They are the most beautiful ornaments I have. She wrote his name on the back and the year. She had glitter on a few, also. Something very simple.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:43 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,576,223 times
I have so many that I save and display each year..In fact if I forget one I will be promptly reminded On the refrigerator I display a paper wreath from my oldest grandson that must be about 17 years old (the wreath} I have Santas, snowflakes and christmas cards from all of them..On the tree, I have picture ornaments that they made..Lol, I even have a Christmas tree folded, and spray painted from the pages of a sears catalog that one of my daughters made about 30 years ago..Does anyone remember that craft

Old 12-01-2007, 07:13 PM

183 posts, read 1,009,368 times
I have a handprint from one of my sons and plan to give it to him for his daughter. The print was taken when he was in Kindergarten. I thought he may like to hang it in his baby daughter's room!

Old 12-02-2007, 10:06 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,242,013 times
I have a paper plate with a hand print of the oldest grandchild from pre school with this on it .And I nearly cry every time I read it.
I miss you when we're not together
I'm growing up so fast
See how big I've gotten
since you saw me last
As I grow, I'll change a lot,
The years will fly right by.
You'll wonder how I grew so quick.
When and where and why?
So look upon this handprint
That's hanging on your wall.
And memories will come back of me,
When I was very small.
I love you Grandma!

Old 12-02-2007, 10:16 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,892,874 times
Oh Thefer, I am about in tears. That is just the sweetest thing ever. Thank you so much for sharing that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents