Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 04:52 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
Like they were when they were at war fighting to end slavery and free the black race, right?
Well of course blacks do nothing. So, blacks have done nothing. Blacks sold away blacks. Blacks are bad.

Well, whites could have fixed this if not for introducing an opposite culture onto its own to begin with. Blacks did not steer any ships, conquer any lands. Nada. Nothing. Starting racial conflict is on everybody else, not us.

So I suppose when you start something, you have to deal with one way or another, sooner or later. Rest assured it's always some sort of organizing by whites when it comes to protests, mass violence within civilized nations, and responsibility for wars all around the world.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
Not in the America I've experienced since moving here. As an outsider I feel like I have a fairly clear view of it. If you're a black Appalachian with a good college degree, I am almost certain that there's tons of employers who'd be happy to throw piles of money at you to fulfill their unofficial diversity hiring goals. This isn't 1950 or 1970.

Being black and having the 'tools' on paper to succeed in corporate America such as a useful degree from a good college seems to dramatically increase your likelihood of professional success. The reason this isn't having a bigger effect on black America as a whole is that most blacks don't appear to have these tools. In the D.C. area where there are a lot of blacks with these tools, there's also a lot of wealthy black people living in large suburban houses.

Personally, I've seen far more prejudice vs white poor people from rural backgrounds than black Americans among the white liberal urban Americans that I am surrounded by. In fact, it seems at times like it requires a real act of courage for a white liberal to be seen as disagreeing with a black person on anything while it's perfectly fine to belittle other whites and talk smack about them. We used to have a colleague from Alabama who was quite 'country' and people mocked that all the time. Blanket statements about 'fly over states' like say Nebraska or Kansas are made all the time. But when it comes to anything on race, it's only the black people who talk, the whites just sit and listen, either agreeing or looking at the floor.
And there you have it. Most do not have these tools even if given the opportunity. People don't seem to get it that nature created people very different from each other in all aspects... but then that is supposedly racist.. but it's not because I'm black... but it is because blacks are more racist than everyone, so I am more racist because I am black... but for whites, could very well be for the simple reason that "we need blacks because we need to prove how much better we are than them and how much better our culture is than everyone else's.... plus, looking poor is for them, not us."

And yes, blacks are the first to throw insults at others for where they live or where they are from. It tends to be blacks from the Southern states especially who talk badly about other foods and cultures or style of clothing, choices of religion. But there's plenty as well in the midwest, NE, and west who try hard at making others uncomfortable just for what they are.

How many blacks do you think can openly claim being Atheist or anything other than black Baptist unless they are one of the well-established, highly educated and heavily political speakers? There is almost no freedom of expression among black folks. Almost no average ones are allowed to step outside the "safe zone of belonging," or risk being cast out of the race for good.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:29 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
There maybe hundreds or even thousands of whites arrested for rioting and looting. This may have a profound effect to society. Most of these folks appear to be younger than 35 with most in their late teens to 20s.

As a Security Consultant working for a fortune 500 firm, we do background checks of people pre-employment and one of the reasons that many young people don't get the job because they've in trouble with the law before. While some states are decriminalizing non-violent offenses they still show up on various background check data agencies that collects data on any felony and offenses. Such as drug related offenses are often found and even if the candidates passes a drug test the drug arrests show up on these databases.

I'm afraid is a lot of these people will not be able to find good jobs easily when companies screen their backgrounds. Many companies are probably finding out their current employees that are supposed to be working at home were out protesting and caught up in riots.

Maybe there's a reason why so many young white educated folks can only get a job at Starbucks.

This country is f-ed up six ways to Sunday. By 2050, I predict people will be leaving this country by the hundreds of thousands every year. By 2100, this country will be an utter ruin, in the Dark Ages. I'm liquidating everything, raising as much cash as I can, getting my passport together... and preparing to depart with great sadness. I do NOT want to be here to witness whats on the way because the good people can't muster the stomach to do what's necessary to save their country. Seattle is only the beginning of the insanity. NO POLITICIAN is going to save this country if the people who vote do nothing but vote.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
This country is f-ed up six ways to Sunday. By 2050, I predict people will be leaving this country by the hundreds of thousands every year. By 2100, this country will be an utter ruin, in the Dark Ages. I'm liquidating everything, raising as much cash as I can, getting my passport together... and preparing to depart with great sadness. I do NOT want to be here to witness whats on the way because the good people can't muster the stomach to do what's necessary to save their country. Seattle is only the beginning of the insanity. NO POLITICIAN is going to save this country if the people who vote do nothing but vote.
I'm just glad that I've always been right about this country as well as this world, and new it was coming to this. Also glad to soon be dead and out of everyone's way for good. Let whites have it. Let Asians have it. No blacks, such as myself, to "ruin" everything for all the rest of everyone. Best wishes to all the 'godly' people and their creator who blessed no one else but themselves.

Old 06-16-2020, 01:05 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I'm just glad that I've always been right about this country as well as this world, and new it was coming to this. Also glad to soon be dead and out of everyone's way for good. Let whites have it. Let Asians have it. No blacks, such as myself, to "ruin" everything for all the rest of everyone. Best wishes to all the 'godly' people and their creator who blessed no one else but themselves.
Why don't you just kill yourself now? That will put an end to one of the most pitiful black people I've ever encountered, online or in the real world.

Old 06-17-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Why don't you just kill yourself now? That will put an end to one of the most pitiful black people I've ever encountered, online or in the real world.
Since that is YOUR suggestion, YOU are the pitiful one. I sure have not even thought to ask anyone here to kill themselves. It really does show how you and those like you really are.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:14 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,875,814 times
Thread closed for moderator review. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. If this continues in other threads, infractions will be issued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates