Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 01:08 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
It is time for the BLM and Antifa movements to apologize for the mass destruction of private property. If rioters had any personal integrity, they would man-up and confess to their crimes, and pay restitution to the private property owners who are their victims.
Most protesters do NOT condone riots and destruction. I don't know why people equate the protests with riots. I have seen and heard a lot of protesters say this is not our message. What I do think though is due to the socio-economics of America, in particular Covid-19 America, there are many rioting because what do they have to lose. This goes beyond racial lines even if minorities in particular blacks are more effected by unemployment.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:20 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geriatricfairy View Post
I kid you not, I told someone that I disagreed with BLM and didn't think the police were the problem over Instagram messenger: he called me a racist, invited people to spam my account, and told me to "bite the tip of my dad's d*** off and smear the blood on my face" and then blocked me.

Radical identity politics are the dogma of the young people today. They will balkanize the US.
That’s because the founders decided not to heed the warnings of their higher and mightier about what would come because of their own faulty decisions. America brought in a people and culture so much unlike what it wanted and destroyed itself.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:30 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,648,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
I hate to tell you this but the history of the whole world is one of war and oppression. China, Japan, India, South America, Africa..killing and oppression were there long before the white man ever stepped foot there.
True - but it's so much more fun to just blame the White Man.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
True - but it's so much more fun to just blame the White Man.
Doubtful that it really bothers you that much since there’s always taunting and carefully planned retaliation. At least the Asians had sense enough not to import a large group of Africans and then pretend everything would work out just fine.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
White supremacy is more than just one group. It's an entire system built over hundreds of years that ultimately puts white people at the top of the food chain across the entire world and makes the decisions for everyone else.
The above is yet another example of fuzzy logic and muddled thinking. There is no "system" that dictates anything, let alone decisions of 3rd parties.

Quote:
An example is America calling itself "the world police".
America does not and never has called itself "the world police." I guess you didn't realize it is the Liberal Media who coined the phrase in criticism of our government.

Quote:
Trying to equate BLM to white supremacy is silly because ultimately America is just one of many countries ultimately honoring white supremacy
False

Quote:
... and is apart of the Western hegemony
No such thing exists

Quote:
... which seeks to uphold the "supremeness of all things western(white)"
False

Quote:
and keep all white majority countries at the top of the chain.
China is at the top of the chain. Is China white?

Quote:
Ultimately, most don't know they uphold and participate in white supremacy because ...
Because it doesn't exist. It. Does. Not. Exist.

Quote:
... it's so ingrained at this point which is why I'm actually impressed.
Fuzzy logic.

Quote:
White supremacy
Does not exist

Quote:
... is ultimately the way of the world right now
False

Quote:
... and if you fight against it, the whole world will be against you(i.e. China).
Fundamental lack of logical thought processes. But don't feel bad about yourself; most people lack the capacity for strategic analysis.

Did you attend public school?

Old 06-07-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I missed that story. Can you post the link stating hundreds or thousands of young white people in their late teens to 20s were arrested for looting? That's very specific information. I missed that story. Did it say in what cities?
Of course not. The whites are all behind the scenes in the safe zone creating the posters, flyers, and social media events.

Old 06-07-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
As a person of color, I am very embarrassed by BLM but even more angry at Antifa. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR VIOLENCE against innocent people in the street who had NOTHING to do with George Floyd’s death.
Yes.

George Floyd's murder at the hands (knee) of a Minneapolis Police Officer is wrong. Everyone agrees and no one disagrees.

The response?
  • The OBJECTIVE should be to prevent Police and other Law Enforcement Officers from acting with impunity.
  • The STRATEGY should be to DISMANTLE the public sector unions that have worked so hard to prevent bad and rogue cops from being fired and prosecuted.
  • The TACTIC should be a thorough cleansing of existing rogue and problematic Law Enforcement Officers at EVERY Law Enforcement Agency in America - municipal, state, and Federal.

Why? Derek Chauvin, the murderer, worked in the Minneapolis Police Department for over 18 years, accruing at least 18 serious complaints about his behaviour logged with that police departments' Department of Internal Affairs. The Police Union protected Chauvin at every turn. Ditto for rogue cops across the nation.

By dismantling public sector police unions and banning all collective bargaining, police in the future know there will be no union to cover for them when they, themselves, become law breakers by murder or beating of civilians.

NONE of the above is furthered with riots.
NONE of the above is furthered by wanton destruction.

What protestors SHOULD do is demand elected officials take actions to dismantle and ban the unions who are the knee-jerk defenders of rogue police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I’m afraid the riots will make more whites for Trump or worse yet a backlash against all people with dark skin.
It is very difficult to forecast what will happen come November. I'm not smart enough to do so.

But it is clear the civil unrest will have a major impact on who Joe Biden selects as his VP running mate. Biden already said, "No Men Need Apply," pledging to name a woman. A top prospect prior to Floyd's murder was US Sen. Amy Klobuchar, (D-MN). She's off the table now because she's a senator representing Minnesota.

I expect Biden now will expand his VP nomination statements from "No Men Need Apply" to include "No Whites Need Apply." Pundits agree:

Quote:
While Biden made clear months ago that he would pick a woman, there now appears to be a significant surge of support for him to select a black woman -- making history (there has never been a black woman on either party's national ticket) while also sending a very clear message to the black community that he not only understands their import to his nomination but also believes they need a major voice in his White House.
source: https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/polit...ngs/index.html

My personal forecast is he selects US Rep. Valdez (Val) Demings, D-FL; she's (a) female, (b) African-American, (c) a former Orlando Police Chief, and (d) in the South.

If he doesn't go with Demings, he'll take Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms. I don't think he'll take US Sen. Kamala Harris, D-CA, because (a) she doesn't help Biden in the South or Midwest, and (b) she eviscerated & excoriated Biden during the primary debates.

President Trump had been planning a re-election based on the performance of the economy, but the Pandemic shot a hole in that. He probably will take lessons from the 1968 Nixon-Humphry presidential contest; at that time, there were massive civil unrest, including the burning of draft cards & the Vietnam War, the burning of bras & Women's Liberation, "The Pill" and the Sexual Revolution, and many others. The riots at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, led by Abbie Hoffman and the Chicago-7, provided Nixon an opening to pivot to run on a "law & order" platform, betting there was a "silent majority" of suburban adults who disagreed with the rapid social changes happening in the cities. While this strategy worked for Nixon, the jury is out if it would work for Trump.

Old 06-07-2020, 11:39 AM

3,786 posts, read 5,329,611 times
Quote:
Yes.

George Floyd's murder at the hands (knee) of a Minneapolis Police Officer is wrong. Everyone agrees and no one disagrees.

The response?
  • The OBJECTIVE should be to prevent Police and other Law Enforcement Officers from acting with impunity.
  • The STRATEGY should be to DISMANTLE the public sector unions that have worked so hard to prevent bad and rogue cops from being fired and prosecuted.
  • The TACTIC should be a thorough cleansing of existing rogue and problematic Law Enforcement Officers at EVERY Law Enforcement Agency in America - municipal, state, and Federal.

Why? Derek Chauvin, the murderer, worked in the Minneapolis Police Department for over 18 years, accruing at least 18 serious complaints about his behaviour logged with that police departments' Department of Internal Affairs. The Police Union protected Chauvin at every turn. Ditto for rogue cops across the nation.

By dismantling public sector police unions and banning all collective bargaining, police in the future know there will be no union to cover for them when they, themselves, become law breakers by murder or beating of civilians.
My thoughts exactly. Chauvin and the other rogue MSP police are protected by the police union. This is the crux of the issue. However, this TRUTH is problematic for the Democrats because the Dems in Minnesota are very PRO-union and strongly backed by unions, especially public sector unions.

So it is a dilemma for them, but rather than acknowledge the true problem, they will blame Republicans.

Old 06-07-2020, 11:48 AM

938 posts, read 424,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont have a problem with white people taking part in riots
Really? You’re OK with rioting?

Old 06-07-2020, 11:54 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Stop being afraid of white people. This is what they want. They want you to fear them and cower. Who gives a **** if more white people vote for Trump? And? We already had to live with 4 years of him. 4 more years won't hurt. And backlash against people with dark skin? The world is already like that. All non-black people and especially white people have hated you for 400 years and will hate you for 400 more. Get a gun if you're so afraid.

Anybody who talks like this is an irrational ignorant and short sighted fool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates