Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 06:30 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
I know I am playing with fire with this one, but I really want to know opinions on this.

She just had a baby not too long ago so it’s obviously not out of the realm of possibility. This is not a question about whether or not she should be with her children - it is the pregnancy itself.

Should it even be an issue that we could potentially have a pregnant Vice President or even President of the United States (if something were to happen to McCain)?
If she got pregnant while in office, she'd have a child after 9 months. No problem!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 06:39 PM

40 posts, read 95,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
Yea... "IF - frogs had wings they wouldn't hit their ass everytime they hopped"
LMAO -

Why is it any different than if Michelle Obama got pregnant while he was President....really.

Its also a moot point as she has stated she would no longer have children because of her age and the last child being a "special needs" child.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:57 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,960 times
To the OP:

I thought about that as well and just the other the day. I think this time she'd have an abortion, but how she'd go about it since she is so closely watched, I have no idea.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:02 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dst828 View Post
LMAO -

Why is it any different than if Michelle Obama got pregnant while he was President....really.

Its also a moot point as she has stated she would no longer have children because of her age and the last child being a "special needs" child.

Why? Because Mrs Obama isn't running for office. Has the woman thought that a special needs child "needs" a mother. She can't be a true mother if she's prancing coast to coast and carrying out duties.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:05 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
This thread was already posted on Election 2008 and you will probably get the same answers!

Why does it matter?

Life happens no matter what your station is in life.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:25 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
The only troubling thing about it is that if she reaches a point where she is incapacitated to carry out VP duties, Nancy Pelosi would simply slide up the ladder a rung and be the acting VP. Very scary thought. But pretty much, she would be at some point taken off duty and the speaker of the house would step up is my understanding.
You are mistaken in this.

This is an order of succession for the presidency, but there is none for the vice-presidency. This is why when Ford became president, after Nixon's resignation, Ford got to name his VP for approval (Rockefeller) and when LBJ was first president after the death of Kennedy, he simply had no VEEP.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:25 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,042,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
This thread was already posted on Election 2008 and you will probably get the same answers!

Why does it matter?

Life happens no matter what your station is in life.
I didn't post this in the political forum for a reason - it wasn't meant to be political. It was more of a logistical question based on the fact that it has never happened before.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:26 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,042,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
You are mistaken in this.

This is an order of succession for the presidency, but there is none for the vice-presidency. This is why when Ford became president, after Nixon's resignation, Ford got to name his VP for approval (Rockefeller) and when LBJ was first president after the death of Kennedy, he simply had no VEEP.
So who fills in as President of the Senate if the Veep is out?

Old 09-12-2008, 07:33 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
I didn't post this in the political forum for a reason - it wasn't meant to be political. It was more of a logistical question based on the fact that it has never happened before.
This question was most certainly posted in Political...maybe not by you, but it was there.

To me, Palin having a baby while in office would be the same as any other professional woman having a baby.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:36 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,864 times
Sarah Palin put off delivery of her special needs child after her water broke - she had a speech to give - twelve hours later, a plane ride back to Alaska, and a car ride of about 45 minutes until she got to her home town to deliver. She went back to work three days later. So........I would guess she would do what ever her job required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates