Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:02 PM

278 posts, read 1,063,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
I'm really sorry about this - I didn't intend for this to get into anything sexist or political. Like I said in one of my posts, I think she handled the pregnancy well when Governor.

I was just thinking this was different from something like an unexpected illness. Usually the absences from a pregnancy can be planned in advance so I was wondering logistically what would/could be planned and what the issues would be. I was just curious.
There is no need to apologize! We all have our own opinions and this is a good place to share them. These topics will arise, because, again...this is something new for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 09:39 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Why? Because Mrs Obama isn't running for office. Has the woman thought that a special needs child "needs" a mother. She can't be a true mother if she's prancing coast to coast and carrying out duties.
I don't even like the woman as a politician, but I disagree with this. She has a husband, and the money to hire a nanny. That's what a lot of professional women do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
The problem would be that a lot of people would be unable to accept is that she....gasp, er, horror, actually had S-E-X People like presidents, VP and other heads of State just aren't supposed to have those base urges. Heavens No!
This seems to be outside of this "higher level" forum area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
I'm honnestly more conserned about her lack of credentials for the position than the fact that she could get pregnant while in office.
Me, too.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:06 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,089,952 times
Many women work throughout their pregnancy and soon after...I don't see that it is a big deal at all.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:59 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
Past Presidents and Vice Presidents have had various health related issues which caused them to have to take some time off. I don't see where having a baby is any different.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:09 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
The idea of her being pregnant in office is not an issue to me..I am sure she could handle it without any problem. She already proved she could with her 4 month old baby..

The issue with me is that I just don't feel she can handle the Presidency let alone the responsibilities of the Vice Presidency..

Old 09-17-2008, 06:53 AM

717 posts, read 1,954,814 times
Wondrous ponderings here about the fecundity and sexual proclivities of an underqualified jumped-up trailer parker teamed up with a confused old man soon to be fitted with diapers in the oval office. To what abyssal depts this once great country has fallen. Alas.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:27 AM

71 posts, read 206,666 times
The VP doesn't do ****. It wouldn't matter.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:56 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Default What if Palin become pregnant in office?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
If she got pregnant while in office, she'd have a child after 9 months. No problem!!!!!
Best and most direct answer to the whole thread right there. She would most likely have the baby, even if they were twins, or if the baby had a cleft pallet, or Down Syndrom. What else could she do? I think she's an adult and if elected, would not put herself in a position to not be able to serve in office. Well you could argue that she did it before.

But I say she has that right either way. To prevent her from making that "mistake" is to base your decision on fear. And fear-based decisions only lead to more fear.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:12 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,261,841 times
It's not an issue at all. Why should it be. To make it an issue is sexist. The only bring-down is that doesn't that make the speaker of the house next in line? That means Pelosi

Quote:
Wondrous ponderings here about the fecundity and sexual proclivities of an underqualified jumped-up trailer parker teamed up with a confused old man soon to be fitted with diapers in the oval office. To what abyssal depts this once great country has fallen. Alas.
Oy-veh!!
Does this even fit the terms and conditions of this forum?
Well then just for fun, since that was such a useful comment
"I know your candidates are, but what are mine! Nah-nah-nah-na-nah!
All the vile from the left almost tempts me to start a thread: Who are more narrrow-minded: neo-cons or ultra liberals. Or who is more likely to discuss seceeding or moving to Canada if the other party wins? Democrat or Republican?

mod interpose: oooookay ...this is a good place to end this thread. I've noticed several posts in this thread which are not within the Great Debates' forum rules. Even the premise of the thread as stated might not set a good proposition for a "great" debate for the opening post asks members for their "opinions."

Thanks to those who participated.

Last edited by scirocco22; 09-17-2008 at 09:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates