Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:34 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,412,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Please do. There isn't a snowball's chance in Hell I'd ever serve for people like you, anyway.

Another reason not to let gays serve, they are a genuinely self serving lot not inclined to think of the big picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 07:39 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,412,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman1 View Post
homosexuality does not = anal sex romping. That's all you people ever think of when you hear the term "gay" or "homosexual".

It's a relationship.
Who's "you people"?

What is homosexuality if its not the desire to have sex with others of the same sex? You call it anal sex romping, I call it gay & abnormal.

When I hear the term gay I think of sexual disorder, no big deal but I certainly can sympathize with people who might spend weeks living every moment in close proximity to each other not wanting to have to deal with it.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:47 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,770,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonguru View Post
What is the problem with being gay, male or female, and being in the military? I do not know what the issue is. What do you think about it and why does it cause such an uproar?
Whether homosexual or heterosexual fornication, sexual deviancy isnt conducive to having a fully committed mind to the task at hand....that is , the war which we must be successful in . As of late, the top Generals for our military forces agree and have gone public with that.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:48 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Another reason not to let gays serve, they are a genuinely self serving lot not inclined to think of the big picture.
I wonder if they are not willing to fight for me and you if they would fight to maintain their won freedoms and lifestyles.

The gays would be the 1st to be eliminated in many militant cultures.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:35 AM

981 posts, read 805,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Lovely.

If you can think up anymore reasons, be sure to pass them along to your representatives. You might actually have a chance in removing us from the military permanently. I'd consider it a win for gay rights - either serve openly, or don't serve at all. Beautiful.

Thanks for being the gay rights advocate I knew you always to be.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:39 AM

981 posts, read 805,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I wonder if they are not willing to fight for me and you if they would fight to maintain their won freedoms and lifestyles.
"Lifestyles?" I guess your true colors are showing (not that I wasn't aware of them to begin with).

To answer your question, no, the partial freedoms and rights that have been acquired are certainly not worth fighting for people like you all.

Quote:
The gays would be the 1st to be eliminated in many militant cultures
We're survivors.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:58 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
What is homosexuality if its not the desire to have sex with others of the same sex?
Heterosexuality is the desire to have sex with members of the opposite sex. The point is that some of you are arguing that gays cannot control their sexual urges, which is ridiculous. Everyone, straight and gay, is sexual, but everyone has the capability to control themselves in an appropriate and professional manner, whether they're in the military or working in a law firm.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:26 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,821,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
This is what I don't understand.
I have asked someone who is in the military before, whom doesn't really have a problem with gays, and this is basically what was talked about: He agrees with don't ask, don't tell because if your hiding out with another guy for several days, you need to focus on what your doing..not if you are going to be raped.
Anyone who thinks that someone is going to "rape" them just because he is gay is an idiot. Does this mean a male and female soldier can't serve together because "he will rape her"? Ironically it's always the fugliest men who are convinced that every gay man on earth is hot for them.

Quote:
Somewhat off topic but not too far off but what about places like Gold's Gym, 24 Hour Fitness and the like, many of those places have group showers ( Golds in my hometown still does ), should these places ban gays from using those showers or keep them seperate from straights? My cousin was in the Army for many years and he would often use the the shower thing as a reason why gays should not be in the military, yet five days a week he would work out at Gold's Gym and used those group showers. He didn't see a problem there as he had the idea that gay men aren't allowed to use their showers or locker rooms
Just show the level of stupidity that goes hand in hand with homophobia. Guess what, folks--gay men are perfectly capable of showering right next to another man without molesting him, or even "peeking"! Because guess what: gay people are NOT attracted to every male! Even if a gay solider IS attracted to another one, he's not going to "ogle" him in the shower. Geez, it sounds like the homophobes are the ones thinking of sex nonstop, not the gays as they are so often accused.

LOL (if it weren't so sad) at actually thinking Gold's Gym "doesn't let gays shower there"! How the heck do they know who's gay and who isn't!

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with 'don't ask - don't tell' because a person's love life has nothing to do with their job in the service anyway. There is no reason to discuss it either way while on duty.
Heterosexual soldiers talk about their private lives, girlfriends, and "hot chicks" ALL the time. Your argument might hold water is NOBODY talked about their wives back home or who they weere going to bone while on leave for the weekend. But soldiers are some of the horniest guys there are, and you can't tell me they (the straight ones) don't talk about it. So your argument is moot.

And, truly, gay soldiers generally do NOT go around blabbing about "their sex lives" all the time. But when the other solders are constantly talking about women, going to Hooters, etc and you are a soldier who doesn't participate in that, you become "suspect" and are likely to get called gay even if you are not. From there, the rumors start, and you are likely to be "considered" gay without saying a word, just because you refuse to talk about p*ssy all the time.

Quote:
And like it or not, the gay lifestyle promotes the spread of disease
Unprotected sex with parterns who are diseased is what spreads disease. There is no such thing as a "gay lifestyle"--"lifestyle" means the way you live your life, whether you party and drink or go to church or are a homebody or fight for your country. Any of these things can be done by a heterosexual or a gay person; a gay soldier's "lifestyle" is far, FAR more like that of a straight soldier than like that of a gay "party animal" living in an urban area and going to nightclubs. Most gay people are very safe about sex and a large number are monogamous and committed. Again, disease is caused by unwise sexual choices with other people who are diseased, whether male or female.

Quote:
What is homosexuality if its not the desire to have sex with others of the same sex? You call it anal sex romping, I call it gay & abnormal.
Not all gay men enjoy anal sex, FYI, while many heterosexual couples DO. And pretty much ZERO percent of gay women are interested in anal sex. If it's that particular act that bothers you, then there are thousands of married male/female couples doing it every night out there, and there are gay men who NEVER do it. Learn a little about the world.

Quote:
sexual deviancy isnt conducive to having a fully committed mind to the task at hand....that is , the war which we must be successful in .
ROFL, yeah, right. Tell that to a bunch of horny heterosexual soldiers and see how much their mind is on "the task at hand" when they're going on nonstop with bravado on how many women they've boned, or plan to.

Last edited by Francois; 01-15-2010 at 12:42 PM..

Old 01-15-2010, 12:46 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
FWIW - Gay guys have been in the military since it was invented and will be there when we get over the need to use force.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:09 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,528,729 times
Funny thing is that you have American service men and women reporting directly to out gay officers from our NATO allies. I find it a bit odd that our refusal to permit gay men and women from serving is in line with what Russia, China and Iran do, it is not in line with what our allies do. Meanwhile, without Baron Von Stuben, we would not have a military. Guess which sex he preferred!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates