Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 01:57 PM

773 posts, read 647,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by indylife View Post
I have been doing my search primarily for Zip Codes 27410, 27408, and 27455.

Our relatives are moving to the area before we do. They just told me that they are focusing on 27403. They will be buying a house. Is this a reasonable residential area? Thanks.
Zip codes are large areas. There are parts of 27403 that are very nice, parts that are just ok, and parts that aren't very at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2020, 02:00 PM

100 posts, read 170,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
Zip codes are large areas. There are parts of 27403 that are very nice, parts that are just ok, and parts that aren't very at all.
Thanks for your multiple very informative answers. I think that they will be looking at the Northern parts of 27403.

------------------------
What do you think of this community in Jamestown?

https://www.lafayettelandingnc.com/

They seem to have 1 level single family homes for sale and also provide lawncare/home maintenance and the like. (I found them from a Retiree Active Lifestyle site.)

Does anyone know if there are similar communities in the 27410, 27408, and 27455 areas (i..e, further north)?

Last edited by indylife; 12-12-2020 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Added more detail

Old 12-13-2020, 04:06 AM

882 posts, read 768,792 times
We sold our house in Jamestown in April 2018 in anticipation of moving when we retired in 2019. We rented a townhouse in NW Greensboro from an individual for a year. It was 3 bedrooms, 1450 sq feet. It was a great location for the year we lived there. The complex had a pool, and we had very quiet good neighbors. We were 7 minutes to the Friendly Center (if we hit all the lights), lots of stores and restaurants nearby. We lived in Jamestown for 25 years and loved the small town feel of the area, but we couldn’t find anything to rent there at the time. I did not want to live in an apartment complex.

Old 12-13-2020, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimbro000 View Post
We sold our house in Jamestown in April 2018 in anticipation of moving when we retired in 2019. We rented a townhouse in NW Greensboro from an individual for a year. It was 3 bedrooms, 1450 sq feet. It was a great location for the year we lived there. The complex had a pool, and we had very quiet good neighbors. We were 7 minutes to the Friendly Center (if we hit all the lights), lots of stores and restaurants nearby. We lived in Jamestown for 25 years and loved the small town feel of the area, but we couldn’t find anything to rent there at the time. I did not want to live in an apartment complex.

How did you find the townhouse that you rented? Thanks.

One reason I have liked apartment complex is that they have full time maintenance staff. It may be that individuals renting houses have access to maintenance services.

Does anybody have experience with retirement communities in the area?

Last edited by indylife; 12-13-2020 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: Thought of More Things

Old 12-13-2020, 07:37 AM

I came across this during my searches:

https://www.retirementresourceguide....granite-ridge/

Ideally, this is the kind of rental I am looking for--no neighbors, all one level.

Does anyone know of properties similar to this in other areas including Winston Salem? Thanks.

Old 12-19-2020, 12:49 PM

I am in a holding pattern.

I have made a list of apartments to look at, mostly in NW, W, and N Greensboro. When we feel comfortable (i.e., after getting the vaccine), we will make a trip to GSO, look around, and refine the list. About 90 days before we are ready to move, I plan to contact the properties, check for availability, and go and look at the available units.

We want to avoid stairs. We also want a 3BDRM. Villa types or 1st floor 3BDRMs will be great. If there are elevators in the building, I will consider 3 BDRMs in higher floors.

Thanks for all the input I have received here.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:04 AM

It looks like our move in time frame will only be June 2022. (In the meantime, I am hanging out in this forum hoping to educate myself as much as I can. Frankly, this wait to rather hard.)

Here is a list of apartment complexes that I have. [ So far I had resisted the temptation to post this but today I am succumbing :-) ] When it is time for us to move, many of these may not have vacancies of the type we are looking for (which is single floor, 1st floor, 3 BDRM, rent around $1600) and the list will thin itself out. We may also go for a visit in about a year and I will drive by the areas. Given all these restrictions, I would appreciate constructive comments on improving this list, specifically, complexes which should be added and ones that should be removed.

Thanks.

Granite Ridge
Lafayette landing
The Lofts at New Garden
The Landing at Westmont
Reserve at Greenwood

Hawthorne at Horse Pen Creek
7029 West
Crowne Gardens
Drawbridge Creek
Legacy at Friendly Manor

Madison Wood
Hayleigh Village
Terrace at Old Battleground
Waterford Place
Village Lofts

Lakes at Lincoln
Summit View
Blackthorn Apartments
Lincoln Green
Landmark at battleground oaks

Hawthorne on the Meadow
Hawthorne at Main
The Retreat at 68
Millis and Main
Brassfield Park

Old 12-25-2020, 07:12 AM

34,110 posts, read 83,064,731 times
Quote:
It looks like our move in time frame will only be June 2022.
In the meantime...
In the meantime... plan a few visits to evaluate things on your own.
Plan to stop in at a few dozen other places while you're at it.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:28 AM

Mr. Rational:

Did you see the "I would appreciate constructive comments on improving this list, specifically, complexes which should be added and ones that should be removed" part of my post?

Old 12-26-2020, 11:38 AM

75 posts, read 76,769 times
Quote:
Thanks Chad for your info.

I wasn't prepared for the cost of Hawthorn at Friendly. (I hope that I am reading things right.) My budget is about $1600 for a 3 BR. Hawthorn at Friendly is more than twice that. Some people have also complained about the management company, but then, every complex gets complained about online. Did your friend had a good experience (outside of the high cost)? Thanks.
Here's a link to the Hawthorne at Friendly, so you can see for yourself

https://www.hawthorneatfriendly.com/...c/?utm_knock=g
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point