Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best theater in the Upstate
Regal Hollywood (RPX) in Greenville 2 20.00%
Great Escape (IMAX) in Simpsonville 7 70.00%
Other (see forums) 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 01:15 PM

8 posts, read 51,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
By the way, the title/question over the poll options says, "Best theater in the Upstate," but only provides two options and "Other". I'll personally go with Camelot ("Other") over Great Escape until I experience the new RPX theater.
That's good! I was hoping people would post if they preferred other theaters to the choices above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I think he was just referring to the movie theater itself and not the RPX seeing how the RPX didn't open until after he made that post.
I didn't realize when I originally made this poll that the RPX literally just opened today. Hopefully some of the readers will see Unstoppable or one of the later movies in the new RPX theater and can report their experience.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:29 PM

Went to the RPX in Greenville today to check out Tron Legacy. It's nice but is it worth the extra money? Well they are definitely LOUDER. The chair was rumbling in heavy bass parts like explosions and crashes. Toward the end I was starting to worry about my hearing. God I sound old.

Screen? It seemed taller but not much wider compared to regular movies. Hard to tell unless you're looking at them side by side. That was just my impression. Not much difference in the picture quality wise compared to a good theater. 3D strangely didn't have as much impact and was not as in-your-face as Avatar. Don't know if that's due to the screen or the movie itself.

In short, awesome must-see action movies I'd probably pay extra for RPX. Most others I'd still watch in regular screens to save cash.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:43 PM

144 posts, read 296,139 times
Saw Legacy at the IMAX today and while its a great Theater I found the sound not nearly loud enough. Especially because I am a Daft Punk fan and one of the main reasons I wanted to see the movie was for the score.

When it comes to 3D I think the movie itself just did not make much use of it because it did not really seem to pop in the IMAX screen.

All in all great screen but I found the sound to be lacking so I would like to try out the RPX.

Agreed on the empty space around that theater. I never go to Simpsonville but some other entertainment options would help that out..than and cutting down some large weed and tree growth on unused property.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,316 times
i took a little look at rpx and it looks way better than the normal screens they have so i cant wait to see an entire movie there. escape theater was boring and the place sucks due to a bad location and no people there. i like the neon lights tho haha but im gonna go watch transformers: dark of the moon on RPX cause i think theyll have it!

Old 06-22-2011, 10:34 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,844,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88mmsupraturbo View Post
i took a little look at rpx and it looks way better than the normal screens they have so i cant wait to see an entire movie there. escape theater was boring and the place sucks due to a bad location and no people there. i like the neon lights tho haha but im gonna go watch transformers: dark of the moon on RPX cause i think theyll have it!
I've never thought of a theater as "boring" I go there to watch a movie, I watch it, I go home. The escape at least has a bar, which I think is a great concept. I would rather there be less people, who wants to go to a crowded theater? the location is right off 85, how is that bad?

Maybe I have to be a teenager to understand

Old 06-22-2011, 02:30 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,326,381 times
Escape is much better. No unruly kids there.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:52 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,611,482 times
My preference for movie theaters in Greenville:

1. Camelot Cinemas - much less crowded than Regal - only wish all screens had stadium seating
2. Great Escape, Simpsonville 14 (http://www.greatescapetheatres.com/Theater.html?theaterid=31 - broken link) - again, less crowded than Regal - new theater - nice seats
3. Regal Hollywood Stadium 20 & RPX

Now, if the Greenville area could get a Rave Motion Pictures, they would get my business (Greer needs a movie theater!)

Old 07-10-2023, 09:41 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,611,482 times
planning to see Mission Impossible this weekend...live in Greenville...
is driving to Simpsonville worth it for IMAX? has any one seen a recent IMAX movie at Regal/Simpsonville? reading comments that this specific IMAX theater has speaker issues and the sub-woofer/bass speaker(s) are offline/non-functional
wow, I've read so many disappointing reviews for both Regal theaters in Greenville/Simpsonville
sadly, Camelot will not have MI playing

Old 07-10-2023, 10:16 AM

5,675 posts, read 5,887,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
planning to see Mission Impossible this weekend...live in Greenville...
is driving to Simpsonville worth it for IMAX? has any one seen a recent IMAX movie at Regal/Simpsonville? reading comments that this specific IMAX theater has speaker issues and the sub-woofer/bass speaker(s) are offline/non-functional
wow, I've read so many disappointing reviews for both Regal theaters in Greenville/Simpsonville
sadly, Camelot will not have MI playing
Indiana Jones was playing in IMAX in Simpsonville Saturday. You could clearly hear it in the hall outside. Dont know if anytig wasnt working or not, but I did hear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area