Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 12:19 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times

Advertisements

As a new resident of Inman, SC, zip code 29349, I am seeking input on nearby retail and restaurant options. While there is major retail in neighboring Boiling Springs and Spartanburg, what retail and restaurant options does Inman offer?

Where is the nearest Hardee's, McDonald's, and Bojangle's? What are the nearest supermarkets? Where is the nearest Walmart?

I hear Ingle's and BI-LO may be the nearest supermarket choices, as apparently there is no Publix nearby which is disappointing. And I have noticed a QT nearby on Asheville Hwy. but have not yet ventured into the main area of Inman.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated, as well as local restaurants not necessarily just the chains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 01:34 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,095 times
It kind of depends upon where you are in that zip code.

We're currently visiting my sister who lives in that zip (with an Inman address), but we're up on SC 11 in Fingerville (and we've spent a lot of time in this area in the past).

From here Boiling Springs is really the only shopping choice, and even then it's only Walmart and Ingles (but it's a pretty nice Ingles compared to the dump in Mauldin).

Closer to the actual city of Inman you have a BI-LO just south of town on US 176, and an Ingles way down US 176 near I-85 (I haven't been in this one). The Boiling Springs Walmart is probably the closest to you, with the next nearest ones being Greer and the one near WestGate Mall in Spartanburg.

Bojangles, McDonald's, and Hardees all have locations in both Inman and Boiling Springs.

We haven't done a ton of dining out over here (we generally go to Greenville for that), but M Fresh Asian Fusion on Boiling Springs Rd is very good.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:08 PM

300 posts, read 254,862 times
Here are a few restaurants around Inman. Bowers landing is very good. It is on Lake Bowen. Dickey's Barbecue, Pig Out, Big Daddy's, Los Cabos, Bronco Mexican, Delightful Dishes, Granny's Kitchen, Mo's Backstreet Kitchen, Law Dogs, Inman house of Pizza, Barbecue Shack, Palmetto restaurant, Japan House, China Wok, Zaxby's, Pizza Hut, Little Caesars, Hardee's. Subway, Taco Bell, Mc Donalds, Bojangles, Waffle House, Lake Bowen fish camp, Carters' Steak and Seafood, and Sun Garden. Boiling Springs is close by and they have a lot of different restaurants that are very good. You really need to come to Spartanburg we have some really great restaurants. Welcome to Spartanburg County! I will be happy to help you.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:37 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Used to be a little fish camp there in town that was really good. I'm told it has closed.. But that used to be one of my go to places for lunch.. Had great salt and pepper catfish.

Go see Morris at Inman Gun and Pawn. I worked with him for a number a years many moons ago.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:57 AM

21,021 posts, read 27,245,104 times
"Inman, South Carolina: Restaurants."

Old 01-15-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I hear Ingle's and BI-LO may be the nearest supermarket choices, as apparently there is no Publix nearby which is disappointing. And I have noticed a QT nearby on Asheville Hwy. but have not yet ventured into the main area of Inman.
Two supermarkets are in the ZIP Code 29349:
  • BI-LO #5089, 11153 Asheville Highway, Inman, South Carolina 29349-8952
  • Ingle's #200, 4600 Highway 9, Inman, South Carolina 29349-8001
BI-LO #5089 is in the City of Inman. It has no direct competition.

Ingle's #200 is in the Boiling Springs area closest to Lake Bowen.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:33 PM

I notice there is a former closed down Food Lion in Inman. I wish they had remained open or perhaps convert to Publix. Would there be a demand for Publix in Inman? I would certainly shop there.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:38 PM

I have now located the Hardee's, Bojangle's, and McDonald's in Inman. And the QT. Along Asheville Hwy. And at the New Cut Rd. exit off I-26 there is a Fatz restaurant. I have not dined at Fatz recently, but since there is no Friday's, Applebee's, Chili's, or Ruby Tuesday nearby, then that may be the only casual dining option. And apparently no Denny's, IHOP, or Shoney's/Big Boy which would be nice.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I notice there is a former closed down Food Lion in Inman. I wish they had remained open or perhaps convert to Publix. Would there be a demand for Publix in Inman? I would certainly shop there.
I would like to see either Ingle's or Publix in Inman.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I would like to see either Ingle's or Publix in Inman.
Either one definitely better than BI-LO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area