Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2023, 12:56 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,950 times

Advertisements

Nicholtown has changed drastically from the 90's. You will be as safe there as any other neighborhood in Greenville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2023, 08:52 AM

77 posts, read 78,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Nicholtown has changed drastically from the 90's. You will be as safe there as any other neighborhood in Greenville.
Thank you! Yes I looked at the property over the weekend. The area is really not as bad as others made it seem.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:42 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,871,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
again, my concern would be the crime. I'm not up to date on that area, but.. Back in the 90's, I worked for Domino's.. And that was a "No Go" area. That and Woodland Homes (Which no longer exists and is a much better area now) were the only two "No Go" areas.. We'd even go into Piedmont Manor.. Which.. Was kinda iffy, but the residents there watched out for us.

The area may be a whole lot better now.. I don't know. My info is ~30 years old.
That area is very different now. Friend bought there and renovated a home that needed a great deal of work. She is very happy there.

Old 01-16-2023, 04:00 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock1015 View Post
Thank you! Yes I looked at the property over the weekend. The area is really not as bad as others made it seem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
That area is very different now. Friend bought there and renovated a home that needed a great deal of work. She is very happy there.

Fair enough to all of you.. Again, as I mentioned, the last time I was in that area was the mid 90's or so.. and areas do change in 30 years. That other name I mentioned.. Woodland Homes.. I'm sure that most people will agree with me that 30 years ago.. That was not a place you wanted to find yourself. Reminds me of the National Lampoon's Vacation line.. "Roll 'em up"

As you can see.. 30 years later and that thought hasn't left my brain, so that ought to give an idea of just how bad it was at that time. Since I haven't been there.. I can't speak to it. The old Woodland homes area.. I have been back there and it's VASTLY improved.. It's also no longer "woodland homes", but.. That actually seems like a fairly nice area now.. So, I can see the same thing happening with Nicholtown.

Old 02-02-2023, 07:12 AM

33 posts, read 26,601 times
I live it that area; it is very nice and I will even say way nicer than a lot of areas because of the proximity to downtown. The thing is, it really isn't very affordable to move there as compared to some other areas. If you are fine with $300,000 or way higher, then yes, it is affordable. I don't know if this helps. You really don't have to worry about someone "breaking in" because it is as well policed in most cases such as downtown Greenville. I just find there is not a high majority of native Greenvillians there becuase the housing market has priced them out into the outskirts. The walkability is amazing as well as bikeability, if your ride.

Old 02-13-2023, 05:30 PM

77 posts, read 78,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayb View Post
I live it that area; it is very nice and I will even say way nicer than a lot of areas because of the proximity to downtown. The thing is, it really isn't very affordable to move there as compared to some other areas. If you are fine with $300,000 or way higher, then yes, it is affordable. I don't know if this helps. You really don't have to worry about someone "breaking in" because it is as well policed in most cases such as downtown Greenville. I just find there is not a high majority of native Greenvillians there becuase the housing market has priced them out into the outskirts. The walkability is amazing as well as bikeability, if your ride.
Yeah that is pretty much what I meant. Hard to find a good house with a backyard this close to downtown for around $300k. This seems like one of the only areas in downtown that still has this option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area