Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2023, 02:53 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times

Advertisements

Hulu TV, YouTube TV or somebody else? Who is the best for streaming ESPN and ABC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2023, 03:34 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
In the Upstate, Columbia, and Charlotte ABC can still be seen on Charter Spectrum because these ABC affiliates are not owned by Disney. Sinclair owns 13-WLOS in Asheville, Bahakel owns ABC-Columbia, WOLO-25, and in Charlotte WSOC-TV Channel 9 is owned by Cox Media. Only in Raleigh has ABC been blocked on Spectrum, as Disney owns ABC11-WTVD and pulled the plug. In the Triangle ABC viewers will need an antenna or alternative provider to receive ABC.

All regions will need another provider to receive ESPN.

Old 09-05-2023, 06:34 AM

958 posts, read 2,622,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Hulu TV, YouTube TV or somebody else? Who is the best for streaming ESPN and ABC?
We've had YouTube TV for a few years now and it's good, with an unlimited DVR too. All the ESPN channels, and all of the major local channels including ABC. It's not cheap though, $70 a month or so right now, but that's probably comparable to cable at this point. We tried Hulu Live Tv at one point, it was not as easy to navigate around as YouTube though. Many add-ons available too, HBO, Showtime, etc. You'll need a smart TV, Roku, or similar device to watch it on a bigger screen, plus you can watch on your phone via the app.

Old 09-05-2023, 07:46 AM

321 posts, read 407,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I tried both for a while, and preferred Youtube TV.

YT had rock solid streaming with no buffering and a lower bandwidth usage.

Old 09-05-2023, 08:32 AM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
I was an early adopter of YouTube TV.. Back in the days when it was $35/mo.

It's the best for sports, IMO. You get everything you could possibly want on it.

Old 09-05-2023, 11:58 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,760,501 times
I almost cut the cord this past weekend, but when I found out YouTube does not carry Bally Sports, The History Channel and the Magnolia Network, it was a hard no. I enjoy watching the Braves. I would rather miss a few college football games than miss my Braves.

Old 09-05-2023, 12:58 PM

958 posts, read 2,622,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
I almost cut the cord this past weekend, but when I found out YouTube does not carry Bally Sports, The History Channel and the Magnolia Network, it was a hard no. I enjoy watching the Braves. I would rather miss a few college football games than miss my Braves.
Not that I watch it, but they do have Magnolia. You're correct on the Bally Sports and History Channel. Bally Sports likely won't be around much longer, they've already folded in the Arizona and San Diego markets with more probably to come, and MLB itself took over those two team's broadcasts. And then who knows what will happen, since we are considered "In-Market" for the Braves broadcasts and they're unavailable on MLB.TV.

Old 09-11-2023, 11:42 AM

Dispute is over. ESPN is back!

Old 09-14-2023, 08:07 AM

60 posts, read 81,998 times
And 8 other Disney own channels was drop from spectrum from this deal

Freeform
Disney xd
Disney Jr
Fxm
Fxx
Baby tv
Netgeo wiild
And a Spanish Station

But will get free Disney plus

And ESPN plus in spectrum plus package

Old 09-15-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMckin View Post
And 8 other Disney own channels was drop from spectrum from this deal

Freeform
Disney xd
Disney Jr
Fxm
Fxx
Baby tv
Netgeo wiild
And a Spanish Station

But will get free Disney plus

And ESPN plus in spectrum plus package
Are you saying ESPN+ is now including in the Spectrum tv package?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area