Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 02:49 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

So, I have a question.

Since this was a "shake awake" optic, does that mean other optics are always on and just depending on the battery life until it's gone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2024, 05:20 PM

17,211 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, I have a question.

Since this was a "shake awake" optic, does that mean other optics are always on and just depending on the battery life until it's gone?
I think most have at least a manual on/off switch, but if you are carrying one of these, I guess you would leave it "on".

I would suggest having a few spare batteries on you when using this kind of sight.

Old 03-14-2024, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I think most have at least a manual on/off switch, but if you are carrying one of these, I guess you would leave it "on".

I would suggest having a few spare batteries on you when using this kind of sight.
M3, thanks.

My initial optic had a battery life of 5+ years (shake awake). This optic is half that, cause it's evidently "on" all the time.

Confused/not sure/ at this point.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:06 PM

17,211 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
M3, thanks.

My initial optic had a battery life of 5+ years (shake awake). This optic is half that, cause it's evidently "on" all the time.

Confused/not sure/ at this point.
One approach if you otherwise like the sight, might be to replace the battery on a regular schedule, like annually, which in your case would be more often than needed but if you do it on your birthday for example, you should be able to remember that.

Are you sure it does not have an on/off switch?

I'm an old codger, but still have decent vision, and I really prefer to rely on iron sights for any serious handgun. Not much can go wrong with them.

That said, I need to try an optic, most who try them, like them.

Old 03-16-2024, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
One approach if you otherwise like the sight, might be to replace the battery on a regular schedule, like annually, which in your case would be more often than needed but if you do it on your birthday for example, you should be able to remember that.

Are you sure it does not have an on/off switch?

I'm an old codger, but still have decent vision, and I really prefer to rely on iron sights for any serious handgun. Not much can go wrong with them.

That said, I need to try an optic, most who try them, like them.
M3, thank you for all your responses.

It does not have an on/off switch.

As for anything really serious M3, if I was in a situation and my optic was not working/failed, this optic still always me to use my iron sights.

Old 03-16-2024, 05:40 PM

10,710 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Quote:
M3, thank you for all your responses.

It does not have an on/off switch.

As for anything really serious M3, if I was in a situation and my optic was not working/failed, this optic still always me to use my iron sights.
Sorry, I must have missed this previously.

Press the + and - buttons simultaneously to turn it off. That will also disable the shake awake, I believe.

Last edited by TaxPhd; 03-16-2024 at 06:18 PM..

Old 03-18-2024, 06:23 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post

Press the + and - buttons simultaneously to turn it off. That will also disable the shake awake, I believe.
I have the Holosun 407K on my Dagger micro and they are great little sights. Yes + and - together will shut it off but I have not set-up the shake awake feature on it though.

Old 03-25-2024, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I have the Holosun 407K on my Dagger micro and they are great little sights. Yes + and - together will shut it off but I have not set-up the shake awake feature on it though.
Quote:

So the + - buttons pushed together will shut the "shake awake" off?

For my model (mentioned above), I don't ever remember reading that? Is it true throughout all models?

Old 03-25-2024, 08:08 PM

10,710 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Quote:
So the + - buttons pushed together will shut the "shake awake" off?

For my model (mentioned above), I don't ever remember reading that? Is it true throughout all models?
I don’t know if it’s true across all models.

Did you try it with yours?

Old 03-26-2024, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I don’t know if it’s true across all models.

Did you try it with yours?
I did not, all because it was never mentioned, from what I read that it could be shut off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting