Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 03:15 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,413,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Tin Knocker,

Irregardless of his Ill policies they have absolutely NOTHING to do with HEALTHCARE. Now what I suggest is whenever there is an open forum on gun laws or the 2nd Amendment...feel free to bring your guns and hoop it up!
I will. But the truth is that many things are protested at things of this nature, only guns are seen as taboo, that must stop.

Quote:
If you are going to bring up a president's pass record before he was elected to the highest office in the land, why not bring up Bush's record for electrocuting everyone that was on deathrow guilty or not? Please refer to the DNA mess in Texas. Every president has supported at least one questionable bill before they were elected to the presidency but NONE of them has gotten the as many death threats as this one....why is that....please elaborate. Bush did not even win the presidency w/o the intervention of the Supreme Court and he STILL did not have as many death threats as Obama! This is on top of all of the other stupid stuff that he did/did not do while in office. If anything by all rights the people of New Orleans alone could have followed him around the country with guns ..."exercising their right to bare arms" did it happen ....nope b/c the right wingnuts would not have it!
Blah blah blah, Bush isn't the president anymore. But to be honest when a person is convicted by his peers & sentenced to death the only moral ethical thing a Governor can do is let that person die. Doing otherwise is acting like a King that need not abide by the law or heed the desires of his subjects.

Theres no way to tell how many people around Bush had guns, it was a different scenerio. The guns you saw at Obama's shin dig were there to protest his anti constitutional policies on gun rights. Bush did not share those policies or views.

Obama recieved the threats because of his color & nothing more. To associate all gun owners or those in attendence in AZ with those threats is to be expected, its typical liberal misrepresentation of facts.

My issues with Obama are many, but the one that hits home hardest are his views on gun rights. If his life is so worth protecting that not only him, but his entire family needs dozens of guns around him at all times it seems rational that citizens be permitted at least one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
It is a fair arguement, however if the forum had anything to do with gun rights or even the 2nd amendment I could understand and even support it but this is all about HEALTHCARE! As for your token negro in the group he was put up to it. Iam I a Mind reader, nope but there were too many conflicting stories as to why he was there in the first place. 1. to support/protect the president b/c of the many whites that were carrying guns to his meetings. 2. He wanted to exercise his right to carry a weapon.
I dont think it important WHY he was carrying a gun. Its his right & he hurt no one, nuff said.

Quote:
I hope that you were kidding regarding the assinine statement regarding laying off the SS and letting the people protect him, since some of these same people are the ones sending him death threats

Really? Which ones carrying in AZ or NH were those who threatened him?
He is our President & I see no reason to believe that his saftey is not enhanced by our people being armed in his presence. But then I trust my fellow man until they prove untrustworthy. At that point I stop trusting them but since I'm usually armed I dont worry much about it. Obama could carry his own gun if he chose to do so.

Quote:
Now that I mentioned it you have not touched upon the question regarding the fact that he has recieved more death threats than any other president BEFORE he was elected, do think that was b/c of his policies? Of course not! Please open your eyes to the reality of racism in this country.
My eyes are not closed to the racism in our country. But the fact is we elected a black man to the presidency. Which other White western country can say the same? England? Canada? France? Racism will never go away, but its been rendered effectively moot.

Quote:
Oh, another thing if I lived in the state of Al Capone, Disciples, warlords, latin Kings ect and the voters wanted more gun control I would give it to them. I don't think that it is fair for you to critize the politics in a state that you do not live in. The priorties of Chicago would be alot different than the ones in Mayberry N.C
Do civil rights cease to exist in places with high crime? Why is it that gun control & high crime rates go hand in hand? Chicago's problems are as much a result of their laws as anything else.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately there are still pockets of the "old south" hanging around. These are mostly people who grew up down here when things were different and they don't want to change their ways. They are dieing off quickly thank goodness.

-Robert

Many are Democrats as well.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I am a proponent of 2nd ammendment rights. I have been a gun owner.

I was always taught that you do not present a weapon,that is, you keep it holstered or slung or sheathed, unless you intend to use it. Do these folks intend to shoot someone at a town-hall meeting? Do they feel that their lives are immediately threatened at these events?

Even the 'bloodthirsty' Vikings outlawed weapons at their general assemblies.

ABQConvict

If just one of those folks had handled a weapon everything would be different. They simply carried them just as law enforcement does each & every day. What on earth do the vikings have to do with anything?

Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
I will. But the truth is that many things are protested at things of this nature, only guns are seen as taboo, that must stop.

Blah blah blah, Bush isn't the president anymore. But to be honest when a person is convicted by his peers & sentenced to death the only moral ethical thing a Governor can do is let that person die. Doing otherwise is acting like a King that need not abide by the law or heed the desires of his subjects.

Theres no way to tell how many people around Bush had guns, it was a different scenerio. The guns you saw at Obama's shin dig were there to protest his anti constitutional policies on gun rights. Bush did not share those policies or views.

Obama recieved the threats because of his color & nothing more. To associate all gun owners or those in attendence in AZ with those threats is to be expected, its typical liberal misrepresentation of facts.

My issues with Obama are many, but the one that hits home hardest are his views on gun rights. If his life is so worth protecting that not only him, but his entire family needs dozens of guns around him at all times it seems rational that citizens be permitted at least one.
I have no probelm with people having/carrying guns but the time and the place is where I had a probelm. Like I said before if this townhall meeting had ANYTHING to do with the 2nd amendment or gun rights you would not have heard a peep from me, but for healthcare reform? Do you know if this was concocted by some right wing nut in order to disrupt the proceedings? Or was it to try to intiminate the president? What you and others fail to realize is that b/c of the death threats on top of the people showing up with guns, makes it seem very odd and unfortable for many law abiding Americans. Oh bytheway There were no protestors with ANY type of weaponary in the same vicinity as Bush whenever he gave his townhall meetings. Rove and Company made sure of that by screening EVERYONE that was there not just for weapons but for political affilations as well.

Question: You are aware that Obama is recieving threats based on his skin color which means that you are aware of racism to a degree. My point is knowing all of this how can you tell the difference between a law abiding citizen carrying a gun and a nutcase carrying one? Answer: You can't until something happens and by that time it may be too late. My solution is that anyone carrying a gun should have it checked to make sure that it is not loaded (why would you need a loaded gun?). If these so called 2nd amendment protestors really believe in what they are saying it would not make a difference if the gun is loaded or not b/c they still can carry one to make their point

Old 09-02-2009, 09:24 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
[quote=Tin Knocker;10560800]I dont think it important WHY he was carrying a gun. Its his right & he hurt no one, nuff said.

Really? Which ones carrying in AZ or NH were those who threatened him?
He is our President & I see no reason to believe that his saftey is not enhanced by our people being armed in his presence. But then I trust my fellow man until they prove untrustworthy. At that point I stop trusting them but since I'm usually armed I dont worry much about it. Obama could carry his own gun if he chose to do so.

My eyes are not closed to the racism in our country. But the fact is we elected a black man to the presidency. Which other White western country can say the same? England? Canada? France? Racism will never go away, but its been rendered effectively moot.

England, Canada and France did not have the type of racism/slavery that went on in this country. If I can recall, slaves fled to Canada to escape their slavemasters. So tell me just when did racism become moot? Please let me know b/c I have a supervisor and her boss who did not get the memo

Old 09-03-2009, 06:24 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
This exercise of freedom did involve more than just the guy carrying the rifle. That is obvious if you view the video I posted early in this thread. The group is a Libertarian affiliated group in the Phoenix area. You say that this man was in the vicinity of the President. I say that he was in a designated area near the venu where the President was speaking. In his location he could have never seen the President and therefore the President could never have been a target of this man.

Why do you need a loaded gun? An unloaded gun is as useful as a brick. I do not know if the rifle or pistol that man was carrying was loaded but he did have an extra AR-15 magazine with at least 2 rounds in his left rear pocket. That was clearly visible in some pictures. I assume that both his rifle, pistol and extra mag were loaded to their capacity. That means he had at least 60 rounds of .223 and 12 rounds of 9mm. That is perfect legal for him carry around with him.

-Robert

Old 09-03-2009, 03:47 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,847,329 times
Quote:
England, Canada and France did not have the type of racism/slavery that went on in this country. If I can recall, slaves fled to Canada to escape their slavemasters. So tell me just when did racism become moot? Please let me know b/c I have a supervisor and her boss who did not get the memo
Perhaps not Canada, but England and France gave the Portugese and Dutch a run for their money regarding the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade in the late 17th century and pretty much took over in the 18th. Not to mention that racism is rampant across Europe and has existed much longer than our country has existed. It is also on the rise, particularly in countries like France and England. Of course you would know this if you bothered to do any research instead of making assumptions and presenting them as fact.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I have no probelm with people having/carrying guns but the time and the place is where I had a probelm. Like I said before if this townhall meeting had ANYTHING to do with the 2nd amendment or gun rights you would not have heard a peep from me, but for healthcare reform? Do you know if this was concocted by some right wing nut in order to disrupt the proceedings? Or was it to try to intiminate the president? What you and others fail to realize is that b/c of the death threats on top of the people showing up with guns, makes it seem very odd and unfortable for many law abiding Americans. Oh bytheway There were no protestors with ANY type of weaponary in the same vicinity as Bush whenever he gave his townhall meetings. Rove and Company made sure of that by screening EVERYONE that was there not just for weapons but for political affilations as well.
I carry a gun everywhere I legally can. If I go to a political assembly & its legal I'll be armed.
The reasons why they were carried are, IMO irrelevant, its legal & thats the end of it. These guys were not in the vacinity of Obama, if they were they would have been stopped. Unless Rove & company actually searched people nobody knows who was armed.
I dont necessarilly think these guys did a smart thing. I dislike controversy & negative attention. But I respect their rights to protest or do whatever they choose, even if its disruptive or counter productive. They hurt nobody & broke no laws.

Quote:
Question: You are aware that Obama is recieving threats based on his skin color which means that you are aware of racism to a degree. My point is knowing all of this how can you tell the difference between a law abiding citizen carrying a gun and a nutcase carrying one? Answer: You can't until something happens and by that time it may be too late. My solution is that anyone carrying a gun should have it checked to make sure that it is not loaded (why would you need a loaded gun?). If these so called 2nd amendment protestors really believe in what they are saying it would not make a difference if the gun is loaded or not b/c they still can carry one to make their point
Do you really think that someone carrying an AR over his shoulder was going to get near the Pres?

the question "Why would you need a loaded gun" is pretty funny. What good is an unloaded gun? Maybe he wanted to be there to support the SS if they needed help. Fact is civilians prevent more crimes across the board than LE ever will.

Now a question for you,

How is it NOT racist to provide Obama with enhanced security because of his race? History shows that so far only white Presidents have been assasinated & none have been commited by people openly displaying arms.

I'm very proud to have lived to see the first black American president. But dont think his race should afford him any special treatment. Doing so is racist is it not?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
So, countries that NEVER elect black people to power are less racist than us?

If your supervisor & her boss are black then you already have proof in frnt of you of the reality of racial equality in the USA.

We inherited slavery from Europe, they brought it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting