Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:05 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
Curly and red. Too much work to constantly straighten it. I usually had it long because I was younger, and was told long hair was beautiful...now I'm older and think the long and curly make me look outdated so I have kept it shorter, about chin length.

Here's my goal. I have been thinking to professionally straighten my hair, grow bangs, and let it grow into Reese Witherspoon's current hair style. I love her's! A go?????????
She has great hair. Looked great at the Academy Awards--the commentator's thought her single style was effective--LOL--certain to catch some eyes.

Go for It!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 01:52 AM

45 posts, read 183,563 times
Yeah!! some hair stylist do provide very good recommendation! like mine! either be color or style! He got lot of references from magazines and computers!! I think this should be the trends now! customer service is most important! do you agree?

Old 10-02-2007, 06:21 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
I have only been to the beauty shop four times in my life. Very disappointed each time, with the cut, style or color job. I have been cutting, styling and coloring my own hair since high school many centuries ago

Old 10-02-2007, 08:17 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,450,741 times
I don't have my hair cut in any particular style. My hair is pretty versatile. Today I have it pulled back in a bun but tomorrow I could wear an afro or have it curly. I rarely use heat on my hair. Most of the time it's wash and go.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:21 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
My hairdresser when I lived in Cincinnati chose my hair style. I went in one day and told her to "cut off this stupid perm."

When I saw her last week (yep, when I was in town I made an appointment with her!) and complained that I hadn't found a new hairdresser in my new location yet, she said "Well, a good hairdresser will let a person's hair dictate the cut." She was surprised the new hairdressers I'd been to couldn't see the same thing in the way my hair grows that she could.

*sigh* I really can't justify a 9-hour car ride every 8 weeks for a good haircut! LOL

Old 10-07-2007, 03:38 PM

543 posts, read 2,309,921 times
I got mine cut short after many years of long hair. I got tired of ponytails, and its so curly I just thought short hair would be easier. Went to my stylist and said cut it, then closed my eyes, when she was done I loved it wish I had done it years ago.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:30 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,371,721 times
My default style is a bob. It isn't what I really want but I can not find a creative stylist.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I love to "people watch" and one of the things I notice about people is their Haircut. I always wonder why people choose a certain style/cut of hair. Some people have long hair and should cut it, and others have real short hair and should grow it. I think most Americans could use a beauty makeover, but no one tells them so.

How did you choose your haircut and would a beauty makeover be in order?
no brainer, grew bald, then for some reason the shaved head was in.
that was easy.
next awaited social change is young girls go nuts over old guys
the reverse of the present.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-08-2007, 10:15 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,338,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I have only been to the beauty shop four times in my life. Very disappointed each time, with the cut, style or color job. I have been cutting, styling and coloring my own hair since high school many centuries ago
Lucky you!!!
I tried that a few times on myself and it doesn't work. It's hard to find a good hair person too in Central Texas.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:03 PM

50,345 posts, read 63,928,555 times
I know I cannot be objective about what hairstyle looks good on me. Obviously, others can't either. I know I'm guilty of putting what feels better over what looks better. Feedback tells me I look better with longer hair, but I just love the feeling and low maintenance of shorter hair.
Sort of like, I love the feeling of stretch pants too, but I'm sure they don't look better than tailored pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care