Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 07:42 AM

2 posts, read 355,211 times

Advertisements

WOW, very interesting about Perrier helping with anxiety! I suffer from anxiety (seems to be very prevalent these days) and wonder if that "cure" encouraged my massive consumption! It's too bad I was getting stones, since Perrier is preferable to lorazepam! :/

I have switched to club soda, it is not as satisfying as Perrier et al, but no stones. I've also started drinking sodas again , mainly as a coping aid to starting a business, but I hope to soon wean myself off them and strictly club soda and still water. how boring! But, apparently necessary.

Interesting that you began gaining weight from Perrier. That may explain a few other aspects of my situation!

Thanks for all the input!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 08:33 AM

466 posts, read 928,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerrierQueen View Post
WOW, very interesting about Perrier helping with anxiety! I suffer from anxiety (seems to be very prevalent these days) and wonder if that "cure" encouraged my massive consumption! It's too bad I was getting stones, since Perrier is preferable to lorazepam! :/

I have switched to club soda, it is not as satisfying as Perrier et al, but no stones. I've also started drinking sodas again , mainly as a coping aid to starting a business, but I hope to soon wean myself off them and strictly club soda and still water. how boring! But, apparently necessary.

Interesting that you began gaining weight from Perrier. That may explain a few other aspects of my situation!

Thanks for all the input!!

I probably gained weight because I was so relaxed from the bromine.
You might try magnesium supplements since you don't get it from the Perrier. No calcium though !

Old 04-23-2010, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 20,388 times
my husband started drinking perrier sparkling water and now his potassium level is high could it be from the perrier?

Old 09-12-2011, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 15,679 times
Thank you for the important info PQ. I am a male who just had a horrible bout with a kidney problem. i drank perrier ang peligrino like a fish. 10 large bottles per week and now know that this was the problem. I was given antibiotics and a (gulp), vaginal cream by my doctor to apply to my sensitive area and it cleared up.
i will stop drnking these drinks and focuse on water.
Perrier King.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:48 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,309,976 times
Also went through an additive phase with Pelligrino, seemed so thirst-quenching and satisfying, and harmless.

I did hear too much carbonation isn't good for you though, and started checking out stats and different brands on the internet. What I found quite astonishing was the salt content! Way too much, especially the way I was consuming it. Plus I seemed to be retaining water and prossibly the culprit why some may notice a weight gain.

Also that Italy doesn't have the best water and wondered what the hell I was drinking it for then?

Enjoy it now and again, but not my main water source anymore.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:53 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,162,494 times
Perrier costs $11.67/gallon when bought in 12 packs of the 33.81 oz bottles.

You people willing to pay that much for ANY water are crazy.

Instead drink a local carbonated water and take a daily vitamin with minerals and pay < $2/gallon.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:04 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,428,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
Unine issue, that's what I'm trying to get rid of.
Just drink lots of water and a small glass of cranberry juice a couple of times a day.
Often if you have urinary problems your urine is acidic, so avoid fruit juices that are acidic eg citrus.

If I drink OJ (very rare I drink any juices or sodas) and then get a bit behind with my fluids I can feel like a cystitis type burning when I pass urine.
I've only had cystitis once in my life thank heavens,but it felt like this only worse.
It only happens when I drink fruit juice.

Oh, BTW, Magnesium is a laxative!

Old 09-12-2011, 03:46 PM

665 posts, read 1,727,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
Just drink lots of water and a small glass of cranberry juice a couple of times a day.
Often if you have urinary problems your urine is acidic, so avoid fruit juices that are acidic eg citrus.

If I drink OJ (very rare I drink any juices or sodas) and then get a bit behind with my fluids I can feel like a cystitis type burning when I pass urine.
I've only had cystitis once in my life thank heavens,but it felt like this only worse.
It only happens when I drink fruit juice.

Oh, BTW, Magnesium is a laxative!

Magnesium becomes a laxitive if taken as Magnesium Oxide and over 750 MG per day.

Magnesium is a very important mineral of which most people are deficient.

PS.
you get "burning" because orange juice has vitamin C which greatly increases absorption of calcium. Your "cysts" are actually calcium crystals passing through your urethra.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:18 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
I don't know if Perrier is really good for your health, but it's definitely bad for your wallet. I love sparkling waters, but I drink seltzers that have NO sodium, sweeteners or additives other than natural flavor. There are some good, cheap ones out there - I drink LaCroix and Polar.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:56 PM

1 posts, read 15,349 times
Even though this post was long ago I would like to point out a couple things. ANYTHING not done in moderation will eventually make you ill. If you have prexisting illnesses you should watch your diet anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness