Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,852 times

Advertisements

Any information on mineral waters and gout?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 12:30 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,630,500 times
I like "bubble water" myself and drink it a lot in the summer/warm months. The problem is that if I drink it too close to bed time I get acid reflux (carbonation) which is NOT good. Water itself is good for your system as it hydrates you and helps to flush toxins. It is what is added to the water that you have to take notice of (good or bad).

Old 07-04-2015, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,596 times
Default Perrier Water

My husband drinks Perrier water like a fish. However, when I drink perrier water it burns my bladder. It feels like a bladder infection. I just don't drink it anymore and all is well.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,917 times
I've been drinking Perrier for years now; no urinary tract infections (I am prone to very bad ones), no kidney stones, no weight gain. I love it!

Old 04-11-2016, 12:25 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
I never bought into that water nor other designer waters. My choice is distilled water and spring water and my own minerals.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,428 times
Thumbs up "To Perrier or Not to Perrier...What's Your Question?"

I absolutely LOVE an icy cold Perrier with Lime when I'm "watered out"...adding an additional wedge of fresh lime is a real delight...aahhh the little things!...It really quenches my thirst...I live in St. Croix and it's pretty expensive...like everything else...but some things are worth it for certain...I mainly drink purified water...and a diet coke a day...sometimes 2...trying to ditch Bud Light pretty much all together...a glass of red wine with dinner here and there...*and wonder if I keep chugging 4 - 11.5 oz. bottles of per day will end up worsening some health issues such as acid reflux??? But I believe we can answer our own questions with little effort/research when it comes to consumption of our dietary needs...we're all adults and at the end of the day it's a choice...like smoking...drinking alcohol...sodas...etc...**I'd recommend to anyone to try out moderation in anything...you'll know your limits...if something makes you "feel funky" or is showing adverse reactions of some sort pay attention...TRY keeping a food/bev journal and you can be well aware of what you're putting in your body...and why most likely...make changes as needed...for me it's changed the way I eat...cook...shop...and has made me take more responsibility for what I put in my body-JUST started the journals...BIG HELP!..."If it ain't broke...why fix it" is ok...but also trying other healthier alternatives to change things up once in a while...like sub a Perrier for a soda even if just a few a week...starts the ball rolling! :-)
Perrier isn't ALWAYS available down here...like many other products...a downside to living on a small island...almost EVERYTHING HAS TO BE BROUGHT IN...UGH...so enjoy your options folks! I'd choose Perrier over MOST of the foo-foo crap that's on the market ANY DAY!!! I can finally say "I drink responsively!" ;-)

Best wishes of health and happiness to everyone this fast approaching holiday season!
Kathryn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness